CHAPTER 6 - The survivor

Now I'm limping faster toward the  building In the distance that I saw earlier because I'm being chased by more giant cockroaches.I'm getting close to the building,I see it's another gas station.In shambles,but still there.I get to the door.I pull it open and slam it behind me.I lock it.I sit down on the floor.I get up with the support of the small steel beam A.k.A. my crutch.I go over to behind the cashier desk,and see there are footprints in the rug.I move the rug, and open the hatch,and go down. Somehow I get down without mangling my leg further.I see some of the shelves aren't full with supplies.I feel a shotgun barrel pointed at the back of my head."WHO ARE YOU AND WHY ARE YOU HERE!?"someone asks.Now this is a nice touch.I almost die from a nuke,almost get crushed by debris,get my leg mangled a few times over, and now I'm going to have my brain blown out.I hear the shotgun click."I'm a survivor.I survived the nuke.That's who I am."I tell the person."It would be nice if you didn't pull the trigger on that shotgun you have in your hands there."I also tell them.I feel the shotgun move away from the back of my skull."I'm Kai."I tell them."uhh.. you don't have any bandages or something I can use do you..?"I ask and point toward my mangled leg.I  cant really fight back with the mangled leg of mine,so I wouldn't be able to dodge If they decided to shoot me.I limp over to a shelf with bandages and medical supplies.I grab a bandage, 2 small steel rods and wrap the steel rods with the bandage to make  sort of brace.It should heal faster and better."Soo..what's your name?"I ask."I would rather not say."They replied.They step into the light,and I could see they were a girl.