𝟏 | 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐎𝐟𝐟𝐞𝐫

Phoebe's POV

Blue, blue, blue

All I could see was blue. The entire hall was decorated with blue furnishings and walls. From floor to wall, sofa to the carpet. It was all blue. Even the goddamn chandelier was blue!

I mean why hire an interior designer if you are one who's going to decorate the whole thing? The bright blue color was making me suffocated. In fact, I don't even know why I'm here.

Today was the last day of seeing how my workers were doing.

Yeah, like they had no choice except for moving things here and there.

Apparently, the bank owner for whom I was designing this time; This man's girlfriend had a serious obsession with the color blue.

The man was in his mid-seventies, almost as old as my grandfather and his girlfriend was a twenty-year-old plastic doll.

I know that I sound biased and judgemental but deep down, we are all like that.

However, I wasn't being too judgemental about the girlfriend. Everything about her seemed fake starting from her nasal voice to her lash extensions.

For a man who married five times, I didn't expect any better.

It was not like I stalked my clients or anything, but I always like to be informed about themselves before signing the contract.

Suddenly someone poked me from behind making me halt my thoughts.

My eyes level with the sea-green eyes of Jacob Yuri.

This Jacob is Mr. Yuri's son (aka my disgusting pervert of a client). He had that stupid smile on his face which he thinks makes every woman fall on their knees.

An apple doesn't fall far from the tree huh?

"Hey Fee Fee!" he said, with a ridiculous grin plastered on his face making me cringe inwardly at his given nickname.

"Hi" I simply replied knowing what was about to come next.

"So, I was- ′Ah shit, here we go again!′ - wondering are you free tonight"

"Umm no, I'm not. Actually, I have a date tonight" I lied.

I mean I had to. This was like what? The 7th time he was asking me out in the time span of four days. I was trying my best to be not rude but it's kind of hard when the other individual constantly harrases you with one single proposal only to get rejected over and over again.

Which kind of makes me wonder, 'Does he get some type of high from getting rejected?'

"Besides don't you have work to do?" I asked as I moved forward towards the porch, trying to get some space away from him because he was seriously invading my private space.

But, if only he took the hint...

I sigh deeply as I watch him follow me outside the house.

I might as well start imagining him with a wagging tail.

Oh wait, I just did!

But before he could say anything further, I turned on my phone and tapped setting and after finding my ringtone, I pressed it. Making it look as if someone was calling me.

I raised my hand motioning for him to stop talking while pretending to be talking on the phone.

After muttering a few lame one-sided conversation dialogues, I was done with my poor acting which surprisingly worked and I hesitantly turned around to face him "Look I've got to go now. Urgent office calls. Tell your dad that my job here is done and that he can move in inside the house after tomorrow. My crew's work here is done as well. And if he has any other objections, tell him to email me"