Chapter 5

I promise nothing weird is gonna happen, despite where it looks like this chapter might be going!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

              I opened my eyes as beams of sunlight warmed my cheeks, alerting me the next started. I'd gotten a surprising amount of sleep last night. Alith and Kerrigan only started crying two or three times, meaning I almost never had to get up. Hopefully, this meant they'd start sleeping through the night soon.

              Groggily, I rolled over, met with a pair of vibrant, green eyes, watching my form with a tremendous amount of love. A smile spread across my face as I leaned forward and planted a kiss on his nose.

              "Good morning, love," he greeted, adjusting his arm draped across my waist.

              "'Morning." He leaned down and gently kissed me.

              "Can't we just stay here all day?" he whispered, bending down to kiss me again and again.

              "As much... as I would... love... that... we have things we... have to do." He suddenly rolled me over, and his lips moved to my neck. But there was no time for this.

             "Mm... like what?" I scoffed.

              "Like taking care of the kids and the dragons—what has gotten into this morning?" I pushed him away, and as we sat up, his hand rested on my cheek.

              "Just... every time I see you, I remember how much I love you." I rolled my eyes and pushed him away as one of the girls began to fuss in the next room over.

              "You're a dork... but I love you, too."

               I reached up and kissed his forehead before moving out from under him and moving to get the girls up and start the day. I changed them and brought them into my room to change before heading downstairs, where I found Hiccup had already gotten everyone's food ready, including a little bit of mush for the girls. We finished up before heading to the stables and meeting everyone else there, getting to work as soon as we could. I did my best to be careful in my work so the girls wouldn't fall out of their sling as Hiccup recounted the tales of last night.

             "What do you mean 'gone'?" Snotlout questioned

             "Vanished. Into thin air." Fishlegs made his way over and presented us with a drawing he'd done of the dragon, trying his best based on Hiccup's description.

             "What do you think?" He shook his head.

             "Uh-uh. Stubbier ears. No dorsal plates." Fishlegs took the card back to start over.

             "Okay. Got it."

             "What a night," Eret chuckled.

             Toothless suddenly came up and nudged his rider, sticky Night Fury saliva falling from his mouth and onto Hiccup's clothes, much to my displeasure. He bounced up and down eagerly, trying to convey something my husband just couldn't understand.

             "Bud, what's gotten into you? What is all this slobbering and panting?" I made my way over to him.

             "Isn't it obvious? He's in love." I lilted my voice on that last word, trying to further drive the point into Hiccup's head. His eyes widened, before he leaned closer to Toothless.