Chapter Nineteen: The Ambush

Dedicated to:
kryssstallljung

~*~*~*~*~

"You wouldn't do it if it wasn't for me. I pushed you to that limit. You don't need to be sorry." Mark said as he met Koeun's eyes once again.

Meanwhile, as the two of them talked on the terrace, with the wind blowing softly and under the gleaming night sky, another member of the team was still wide awake in a room on the ground floor.

With devices remained open and neatly-arranged wires plugged into them, Renjun tried his best to stay up. While sitting on his favorite swivel chair in front of his computer, the screen's emitted light shone at his face, reflecting through his glasses. He was bored by his job in making sure the house is secured so he decided to read the Elites' file again, especially on that one particular person.

Taking a break, he leaned forward to reach his glass of juice from beside the computer. He was taking a sip from it when his eyes noticed something on the screen. His forehead creased at this as his eyes narrowed to see it clearly, and when he did, he pulled his walkie-talkie close to his face.

On the other side of the story, as the two continued to look at each other, with Koeun wondering if this person beside her is the same intimidating guy she met a few nights ago, they heard a voice spoke through Mark's walkie-talkie. "Mark?"

Renjun's interruption caused the two to snap out of their gazes. Koeun looked away while Mark brought his walkie-talkie up. "Yes?"

"We have a problem."

Hearing this made Koeun's head whip to face Mark, whose expression turned serious. "What problem?"

"The gates are open. Trucks and cars are already coming in." Renjun said as he watched the scene of their place being infiltrated by these intruders.

Shit, they're here already. "Inform the others but don't sound the alarm." Mark ordered, remained calm and collected. "We can't let them notice we already know."

"Yes, sir." Was Renjun's last reply before their conversation ended.

When Mark put his walkie-talkie down, a confused and worried Koeun decided to ask him. "What's going on?"

Mark's seriousness remained as he looked back at the girl. He knew that these are the men the chief had sent to catch them and to retrieve Agent Koeun.

Like hell I would let that.

"Something happened." Was the only thing he said before he held her arm, bringing her along as he walked back inside.

Back inside the security room, Renjun had already called the others. "Everyone, I need you to prepare yourselves. Now!"

Jaemin, who was in his room and kept throwing a ball towards his wall and catching it after, took a break from his little game when he heard Renjun being serious, letting it bounce against the wall and fall to the floor. Jisung instantly paused the action movie he was watching, didn't bother getting frustrated when he was already at the fight scene. Chenle, who was sleeping on his bed, jolted up and removed his sleeping mask. Jeno threw his knife towards the dartboard, hitting the center, as he listened.

"Why? What's happening?" Haechan asked as he ran his hands through his hair repeatedly, preparing himself.

"We're being ambushed!" Renjun yelled as he saw how the men scattered outside, going in different ways to enter the house.

"Guys?" Chenle asked as he slightly pushed the curtain enough for him to take a look outside. "Are you seeing this?"

"Yes, Chenle!" Replied by Jaemin, moving away from his window to get his gun from the nightstand. "They're here!"