Chapter Nineteen: The Ambush

Start from the beginning

"Shit!" Haechan cursed, standing up from his bed to leave his room. Once he stepped out of his room, putting on his earpiece, he was greeted by Jaemin and Jeno, who also did the same.

"How did they find this place?" Jaemin asked, agitated as they walked briskly. "We're basically in another country!"

"They're agents, Jaemin. You know better than that." Jeno answered.

"They already found us. We don't have much time to discuss about it." Haechan said. "I want the two of you to bring us enough weapons and ammunition to survive this night. We can't risk getting caught- or worse, killed." He ordered. "I'll go and help Mark."

"Got it." Jaemin gave him a nod before he and Jeno went to the other direction, leaving Haechan to head towards the floor where Mark's room is.

At this time, the two younger members were already out of there rooms, telling each other what to do.

"I'll head towards my lab." Chenle told Jisung. "We need enough bombs to use."

"Prepare us those special bullets too. Just in case." Jisung reminded the other.

"Guys?" Renjun asked through the earpiece, typing fast on the keyboard. "I need you to hurry up because I can't keep the security on any longer."

"Why?" Jaemin asked.

"Apparently, their hacker is great." Renjun remarked. "He keeps hacking on my computer." He noticed his computer's firewall turning off again. He couldn't help but grit his teeth. Darn it!

"Keep it on as long as you can. Jaemin and I will guard the main entrance." Jeno said.

Hearing this, Jisung decided to help them out. "I'll join Jeno. They need more people to help them out." He told Chenle. "Be careful."

Chenle gave him a nod. "You too." And the two split up when they reached two separate hallways, running as fast as the could.

~*~*~*~*~

"Mark, what's going on?" Koeun repeated as Mark pulled her along. He was walking with a fast pace which she tried her best to catch up. "Can you, at least, slow down?"

Stopping in front of his room, Mark turned to face her. "You don't have to worry. You'll be safe." And then he opened the door, pulling her inside.

Koeun didn't bother asking again. She knew Mark won't answer even if she repeated it again and again. He seemed like he won't answer it because of a reason. A reason that she might already have a feeling about.

Thinking about it, she watched Mark as he rummaged through his drawer, pulling out two pistols and magazines full of bullets. Is it what I think it is? Seeing Mark being utterly serious like this only made her confirm her assumption.

Mark turned towards her, holding the two pistols. He glanced at one of it before his eyes looked up to make contact with hers. He looked like he was thinking hard but still made a decision. "Just stay close to me if you don't want to end up being killed." And then he headed towards the door.

I knew it, Koeun thought. I know what's happening now.

She saw how the look in his eyes changed after Renjun informed him about the problem. It wasn't the same look that he had when he talked to her on the terrace.

They were back to being deadly. Dangerously deadly.

At this same moment, Renjun was still doing everything he could just to keep his computer's firewall on, but the enemy's hacker is doing great at it too. He knew he'll only last for a little while but he was still giving the rest of the members time to prepare. "Chenle, where are you now?" He was really worked up that he spoke in his main language. His mind is more focused in protecting the mansion than to translate words in Korean.

The younger Chinese boy was still in his lab, beside the security room, gently putting bottles of formula in protective cases. "I'm still in the lab," He looked over to the other two cases of bombs and special bullets he had finished packing. "but I'll be done in a second."

Nodding at this, Renjun decided to talk to Jisung. "Jisung, are you already in the living room?" He was back to talking in Korean.

"Almost." Replied by the youngest as he continued to run.

"Renjun," Jeno intervened. "leave it be. We'll handle this." He and Jaemin were already by the living room, facing the main doors as they waited for the right moment.

"But-"

"Jisung will be here any second." Jeno urged. "You still need to get the plans and files." He wasn't sure how many men were outside the doors, trying to break in, but they weren't given much of a choice. Renjun won't keep the doors locked tight for long so either way, the outcome will be the same.

Thinking about it, Renjun was hesitant whether to just leave Jeno's unit to it. There were quite a bunch of armed men outside. Who knows what might happen.

"Renjun, leave the damn room. Now!" He heard Jeno's voice boomed through the earpiece.

Cursing in his mind, Renjun immediately stood up from his seat, the force causing it to be pushed away, grabbed the Elites' files before heading out of the room.

Once again, the firewall was down. And the Elites' hacker, Hendery, had taken over the computer. It didn't take long for him to open all locks and doors of the mansion.

As the doors unlocked, Jeno and Jaemin braced themselves when they saw the door being pushed open. Little by little, a stream of moonlight broke into their faces. It grew wider and bigger as the men pushed the doors further open.

This is it, Jeno thought as he raised his guns up towards them.

Meanwhile, on the floor where Mark just left his room, with Koeun following from behind, they were already greeted by sounds of ropes whirring, which later added by glass shattering from the windows. Yelping, Koeun's knees bent involuntarily and covered her head with both her arms from the glass shards. Mark, on the other hand, raised an arm to protect his face while the other moved Koeun closer behind him protectively.

Once the glass shards landed on the floor, with tiny bounces against it, the two of them removed their arms and raised their heads to see what happened.

Five armed men in complete black uniform were breaking into the house from the windows and the terrace.

Koeun's eyes widened at this. She didn't know if it was because of fear or shock or happiness. She knew these were the men from their agency yet she wasn't sure how to act about this.

"You really are asking for it." Mark's face darkened, his eyes showing fury to these people for breaking into their mansion.

I won't let you get in my way, even if it's the last thing I'd do.

~*~*~*~*~

Didn't think this scene would take two chapters. Anticipate the next one 🙊