"4 rytriks away." It was just outside then, they were just as curious as I to meet it seemed. So be it.

I pressed the button to open the door up, preparing myself for anything. It might be a level 1 threat, but it could be a nasty creature like the gurges, or it could be aggressive.

I rush out when the door is open, stumbling a bit with the soreness in my legs.

Spotting a small figure through the smoke, I go towards it fast, lifting my blaster and growling until I'm right in front of this so called "human".

Once I stop, the smoke clears with the wind, letting me see the tiny creature before me.

It's a female.

My arm drops, and so does my mouth as I stare in awe at her. Her long, light hair runs in waves around her head. Full, pink lips part and her bright, intelligent eyes widen.

She's beautiful.

She looks like my kind, shorter and paler, but so similar that I nearly collapse.

She backs away, but I follow her like a brainless male. Her hips sway and her exposed legs flex as she moves and I can't look away for a second, scared she'll disappear with the smoke.

The only time I'd seen a female was in a book. We were taught often of females and their importance, and it was planted like a seed in the back of our heads that we may never have the chance to see one in real life.

And yet, here I was, standing right in front of one and I couldn't believe it was actually happening.

Had I passed out in the crash? Was this just all a crazy dream?

I didn't know, and at the moment I didn't care. Because this was glorious.

"Praise the Gods." I whisper, staring down at her, "You cannot be real."

Though she appears very smart, her slim eyebrows furrowed in confusion as she continues to back away from me. She didn't understand my language.

As I get closer, her back hits a tree behind her and she stops. I stand over her, admiring her beauty in shocked awe.

This was a dream. It had to be.

She was so small, the top of her head met the middle of my chest. Her limbs were slender and long, but they were tiny and weak.

Her threat level was 1. She had no fighting capabilities, therefore she could not harm me if she struck out. The information registered and I moved even closer until my hand brushed her arm, the slim hairs on her skin rising with the contact.

"A female. You are a female. A real female." I say reverently, and her eyes go wide again when I speak.

I still cannot believe this is reality, I need to touch her more, know she is real.

My hand goes up automatically to her breast, the flesh fills my hand and I squeeze it softly through the fabric, amazed at the soft, tender feeling. She was definitely female.

"You are so soft, as a female should be." I had never touched flesh as heavenly, and it sends a shiver through me. This discovery would change my kind, help rebuild our futures. One little female held so much power to change our fate.

Her teats were ample and bountiful, her chest was so perfect. Her delicate body felt amazing under my hands.

A sniffle sounds in the air, and I glance to her amazingly blue eyes only to find them swimming with tears. She sniffles again and I drop my hand quickly.

One inhale proves that the tiny female is absolutely terrified.

What was I thinking? I was touching her intimately without her permission or consent. I wash ashamed of myself, how could I be so careless?

I drop my blaster to the ground with a thud and lift my hands in the air in surrender, trying to show her I will not harm her, not ever.

"I am truly sorry, I have not meant to offend or scare you, little one. I will not touch you again if you wish. You need not be afraid." I tell her, but I have forgotten that she can't understand me.

The tip of her nose is pink from her crying, and the fear is still alive in her gaze and I curse myself for my carelessness.

Females are to be protected and I have made her feel unsafe with me. It will not happen ever again.

Before I can try to continue to sooth the female, she makes a run for it, dashing into the trees quickly, disappearing into the forest.

I panic, realizing what I have done. Her species could be the cure to the detrimental problem my people face, and I could lose her here and now, all chances of our future gone with her.

Not only that, but at a threat level 1? She was helpless and she needed someone to protect her. With my mind made up in seconds, I run after her.

 With my mind made up in seconds, I run after her

Hey everyone! Welcome to my new book. Thank you for reading, it means a lot!

My update schedule for this will not be on any set day or any particular time, but I won't abandon this story or only update every few months. I will update as often as I can!

See yah!