|19|

Torint

     It's only a few hours later that I realize my mistake and the horror of what I've done settles on my shoulders as I lean back in and rub at my eyes in frustration.

     I made my mate cry. I vowed to protect her, and I instead I was the one who ended up causing her pain. The guilt creeps in and I stand out of my chair in one swift motion. I need to go back to her.

     The rain still pours outside when I flee my ship reluctantly. As much as I want to get to Posy so I can apologize and comfort her, I am dreading it. I hold so much regret for talking to her the way I did. Facing this won't be easy. I am not good at apologizes.

     She did not deserve my anger. She is so innocent and sweet, why could I not see that when I was angry?

     I should've been more understanding. We are two different species, and our communication is one sided, it is obvious there would be a misunderstanding at some point. I'm shocked there hasn't been one earlier than this.

     I should have prepared myself better instead of lashing out. It was a terrible reaction to have.

     Now, I would not be surprised if Posy wants a different mate now, not that she can have another one anyway since she bears my mark on her neck. She will not want me knowing that I lost my patience with her so easily. But I could not seem to help it, in the moment I was so afraid for her life, and I was foolish enough to take it out on her.

     She is innocent in all of this. I am solely to blame.

     My only hope is that my little human will forgive me, and that my team finds us soon so we can get off of earth. She will be safer on my planet. Safer when we can communicate properly.

     I am soaked in rain as I make my way through the woods. When I see our den, I relax, but it is short lived. When I near the door the scent of something off floods my senses. I stand still for a moment, taking a deep breath of the foreign smell trying to decipher what it could be.

     No. No. Oh please, no. Posy!

     Rushing into the den, the stench becomes stronger and stronger and I almost gag. Males. There were males here. And my mate, I smell her too. The two smells are jumbled together and terror shoots through me. The aroma of her blood hangs heavy in the air, and I shake my head frantically.

     This cannot be happening. Not my mate. Not my perfect little female. She has to be alright!

     The horror of what's happening comes crashing down on me and I yell out for Posy as I rush around the den looking for my mate, looking for any sign of her.

     "Posy! POSY!!!" I scream in desperation as I flee from room to to room. My body is trembling, my breath comes in harsh pants of pure panic. When I rush into the living room, the smell of the males is too intense. So is the scent of fear.

     Not just any fear. My mate's fear.

     My head begins to grow light, and I can feel the blood pumping through my veins in insistent anger. I am frantic when I see a smear of blood on the kitchen floor near the back door that is still hanging wide open,the screen door slapping against the wall from the wind. I kneel on the ground and stare at the red stain with stinging eyes.

     "No. No!" I slam a fist to the ground as my voice rings out in the empty den. My objection hurts my throat. The tile shatters under my fist in crackling pieces.

     My teeth are clenched, they make a hissing sound as I breathe through my mouth, despising the smell that lingers on my tongue.

     She's hurt. She's with evil males and she's been injured. Posy is alone and afraid. It is all my doing. I could have prevented this from happening!

     I heard her scream. I heard it. I didn't do anything. I was convinced my mate was continuing to overreact, that she was safe right where I left her. I should have been more cautious. I have been a fool.

     Since there were no immediate threats around, I trusted this planet with my mate's safety since there were no dangers lurking. I failed to realize that my little Posy is a threat level 1, anything above that could be detrimental to her.

     These human males took her. They hurt her. Frightened her.

     And it is all my fault.

     I stand slowly, the fury racing through me starting to take control. It's all I see, all I feel. They will pay for what they have done. Any harm that came to her will seem pleasant when I get through with the males. They will beg for mercy. Pray to their maker for forgiveness. Their blood will slick the ground in a river.

     Walking out the front door and into the weather once more, I don't even pay attention to what's going on around me as I'm soaked again. I zero in on the scent of the humans that have left a trail for me to follow.

     Stupid, weak males. They have no idea what they've gotten themselves into.

     My only hope is that Posy is alright, and that I get to her before it's too late.

Double chapters again! You know I love you lol