Chapter 35- The Past, Long Forgotten

                                                            Date: Thursday, July 7, 1966

                                                                        Time: 8:37PM

                                                                        KAYLA'S POV

"... and your face will really show it, if you're happy and you know it, clap your hands!" Elijah shouted, throwing his hands together. Little Charles gaily replied by smacking one of his hands on his feet.

Elijah turned to me. "Kayla, are you okay? You seem rather tired tonight."

Of course, I was. I was having some trouble keeping my eyelids open. I just felt like I needed to...

"Hey, Kayla! Could you play one of your clarinet songs? You know, one to set the mood?" Elijah grinned excitedly, like a child.

I groaned. The last thing I wanted to do was play some song on the noisy, sometimes obnoxious clarinet. But... it was rare to see my Dad as happy as he was. In the end, I decided to play for him... even though I really did not want to.

I picked the clarinet up and thought of fitting songs. The first one that came to mind, of course, was 'Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star'. However, I didn't think that anyone else was tired.

As a result, I started playing an excerpt from Vivaldi's 'Four Seasons'. Surely, he would be happy with one little song.

As I changed my fingering for every other note, I grew more and more exhausted, more and more annoyed, more and more...

I was on the verge of breaking down and passing out. But, if I passed out, Elijah would be upset with me. Of course, I would not want that. So, as a result, I kept playing... and playing... and playing...

After a couple minutes of the 'Four Seasons', I switched to the Minuet. This song... I wasn't entirely sure why, but it reminded me of when I met Michael, when I was trying to find the importance to his gooey brown eyes. And when I...

As I ended the song, I felt a zap. I jumped from the shock, shaking. What was that?!

Ah, no matter. Now, as I was thinking... What was I thinking about?

I had completely forgotten what I was been thinking of. Even when I tried remembering what it could have been relating to, nothing came to mind. Dud.

Well... that's strange, I thought. It almost reminds me of the time at the photoshoot... I have that same weird pit feeling in my stomach.

I felt for my torso, which only seemed to cave in. My goodness... what had happened? I was beginning to grow worried. Was I going senile at age 7? Was I-

Tired. Very, very tired.

Notlistening to anyone or anything, I slowly got up and put the clarinet away. Without saying 'goodbye', I quietly inched into the bathroom, brushed my teeth, and put on a nightgown. I slithered into my bedroom and crawled comfortably into bed.

And that was it. I was out... just like a lamp light.

But, in the split second between awareness and slumber, an image flashed through my head. Michael...