•doctor williams•

mention of nappy
needles

-•-

brendon's pov

"An' we's gonna go on the swings, Daddy? An' get ice cweam?" Ryan asked, happily sitting on the floor as I chose his outfit. He had a doctor's appointment, as he needs his yearly test. I was really hoping he would be big, but I can't pull him out of headspace. To distract him from that, we're getting ice cream after, and possibly going to the park, too.

"Of course, honeydew. We have to do a little something before, though. Do you want to wear the beige or navy blue overalls? I already picked the maroon sweater out for you."

"Beige! Those has a lil sunshine on the pocket!" He pointed out, smiling ear to ear at the sight of them.

"That's right, my sunshine! Why else would I buy these for you?" I gave him a quick kiss on the cheek, making his cheeks go rosy.

"Love, there are no bathrooms by the park. Are you going to want a nappy or a pull up?" I asked, gathering his things so he could get dressed.

"Nappy pwease." He replied softly, and I nodded. I laid Ryan down on the bed so I could change him.

"How old do you feel right now, baby?"

He raised two fingers, moving the second one up and down, meaning he was somewhere in between.

"Okay, sounds good. Legs up, please." He lifted his legs slightly so I could change him into a fresh nappy, and then I pulled his sweater over his head.

"Stand up, darling. Daddy needs to get you in your overalls." I said softly. He stood up, stepping into his overalls one lanky, shaven leg at a time.

shaved legs?

"Ryan, when did you shave your legs?" I asked while clipping his straps. He looked down, embarrassed.

"When I was feelin big an' got cleaned up. I don' like havin hair on my legs. Too embawassed to say anythin.." His speech faded as he confessed, and I pat his head reassuringly.

"No need to be embarrassed, it's not a bad thing! I just didn't know, that's all." He smiled weakly, and I strapped on his velcro shoes. His day bag was already packed and I grabbed his hand, leading him to the car.

-•-

"Daddy, what pwace is this?" Ryan asked, looking out the backseat window. I took a deep breath, ready to tell him.

"We're driving towards the doctor's office, baby. You have an appointment." I sighed, bracing myself for the tears that were to come. I looked out the rearview mirror and saw that his lower lip was wobbling dangerously. Soft whimpers escaped his lips, and he finally let out a loud cry, kicking my seat.

"Don' wanna go! M' healthy, daddy! M' healthy! Don' wanna go!" He whined, throwing a tantrum.

"Ry, you have to go. Besides, don't you remember which doctor we're seeing?" He cried out what sounded like a no.

"Doctor Williams, baby! Remember Hayley? From middle school?" Ryan and Hayley were good friends back in middle school. Ryan had a mild crush on her back then, which still makes me a bit jealous to this day. Ryan isn't bisexual, and he is dedicated, but a bit homoflexible. His eyes went wide, and his crying eased down slowly.

"W-With the c-c-cool hair?" He stuttered between hiccups and sniffles. "A-An the p-pretty eyes?" The comment made me tense a little but I brushed it off.

"That's right, Ryan. She's a doctor now, and she'll be doing your test today. She knows your little side and won't hurt you."

"O-Otay, daddy."