Chapter 8

(Marceline's POV)

The next day was the day of the semifinals, I am excited as ever, I really am, but I cannot stop thinking about what happened with Y/N the other day...

(Flashback)

After Y/N had got off stage quickly, I was met by Marshall and his cronies, looking like they had just won a fight.

Marshall: "Well well Marcy, looks like you broke the poor guy. Too bad though, wonder what he thinks of you now. But I know that you will come back into my arms soon enough." They laughed and went on stage, but I couldn't stand it, so I just ran to Finn and Jake's treehouse for some air. As I reached there, I noticed that the atmosphere was too quiet for it to be that way. I slowly went in, seeing that the door was half open. When I got inside, I was hearing Beemo and Neptr yell out something inaudible, but what followed next, I knew it was him.

Y/N: "LEAVE ME ALONE GOSH DAMMIT! I WANT TO DIE! MARCELINE IS CHEATING ON ME, AND I FUCKING KNOW IT!" Y/N, thinks I'm cheating on him...? My glob, what have I done to my sweet sweet Y/NN. I climbed up the ladder and went to where the source of his shouting was, and I saw that he was laying in a pool of blood, with a bloody butcher knife by his side. However, when I saw that he carved out the tattoo of a heart with our initials on it. I could barely even stand...I slowly moved over to him and knelt beside him. He looked over to me and his eyes widened.

Y/N: "Marceline...?"

Marceline: "Hey Y/NN..."

Y/N: "Don't call me that, you don't deserve to call me that anymore." He turned his head around so that the back of his head was facing me, and I was starting to cry.

Marceline: "Y/N, please, I never wanted to go back to Marshall, I only wanted to make Marshall jealous because he was being such an ass. I will never love another man again, except for you Y/N..." He didn't respond, so when I heard footsteps come into the room hurriedly, I looked behind me and saw Bonnibel, Finn, and Jake, all looking at me and Y/N. Their expressions were both of horror and disappointment.

PB: "Marceline...I am so ashamed of you. You ruined the poor boy's heart..."

Jake: "Not cool Marceline..."

Finn: "Hey, instead of just making Marceline a martyr, shouldn't we just start helping Y/N?" They all realized this and carried him to the Candy Kingdom, leaving me to clean up his blood. But I gotta say, his blood, it tasted So. Fucking. Good...

(End of Flashback)

I just couldn't stop thinking about it...what I had done to him, his blood, all of these thoughts were spinning in my head, and I just couldn't stop and see Y/N walking towards his guitar. He places the guitar strap on before walking on stage. But before he could do so, I ran over to him and blocked his way.

Marceline: "Y/N, can we talk for a bit...?" He said nothing, he just looked down and walked up the stairs. He stopped at the last step before speaking.

Y/N: "I asked the judges if I could compete alone. They said I could, so, you're out of the band..." The minute I had heard that my heart literally shattered into pieces. I cried so hard and ran back to my house.

(Y/N's POV)

I didn't want to have to do it, but it had to be done...After she started to cry and run away, I heard Marshall laugh at this, but I just blocked out the noise as I walked on stage. I walked over to the mic and spoke.

Y/N: "Hey everyone, you might be wondering why I am alone on stage without Marceline and Simon right? Well, to put it simply, we disbanded." Everyone gasped at the news. "Yeah, I know it's kinda hard to grasp, but it was for the best. But no time to sulk, it's time to rock out!" Everyone's sadness immediately turned back to happiness as they cheered for me.

"Dare me to jump off of this Jersey bridge?
I bet you never had a Friday night like this
Keep it up, keep it up, let's raise our hands
I take a look up at the sky and I see red
Red for the cancer, red for the wealthy
Red for the drink that's mixed with suicide
Everything red"

Everyone was totally, blown away at the lyrics. I saw that the judges were 

"Please, won't you push me for the last time
Let's scream until there's nothing left
So sick of playing, I don't want this anymore
The thought of you's no fucking fun
You want a martyr, I'll be one
Because enough's enough, we're done"

Yup, I had moved on from Marceline, nothing was left for me to love her as I had did before.

"You told me think about it, well I did
Now I don't wanna feel a thing anymore
I'm tired of begging for the things that I want
I'm over sleeping like a dog on the floor"

"The thing I think I love
Will surely bring me pain
Intoxication, paranoia, and a lot of fame
Three cheers for throwing up
Pubescent drama queen
You make me sick, I make it worse by drinking late"

"Scream until there's nothing left
So sick of playing, I don't want to anymore
The thought of you's no fucking fun
You want a martyr I'll be one
Because enough's enough, we're done"

"You told me think about it, well I did
Now I don't wanna feel a thing anymore
I'm tired of begging for the things that I want
I'm over sleeping like a dog on the floor"

"Imagine living like a king someday
A single night without a ghost in the walls
And if the bass shakes the earth underground
We'll start a new revolution now
(Now! Alright here we go)"

"Hail Mary, forgive me
Blood for blood, hearts beating
Come at me, now this is war!"

"Fuck with this new beat
Oh!"

"Now terror begins inside a bloodless vein
I was just a product of the street youth rage
Born in this world without a voice or say
Caught in the spokes with an abandoned brain
I know you well but this ain't a game
Blow the smoke in diamond shape
Dying is a gift so close your eyes and rest in peace"

"You told me think about it, well I did
Now I don't wanna feel a thing anymore
I'm tired of begging for the things that I want
I'm over sleeping like a dog on the floor"

"Imagine living like a king someday
A single night without a ghost in the walls
We are the shadows screaming take us now"

"We'd rather die than live to rust on the ground
Shit"

After the whole song was done, everyone cheered, probably the loudest thus far, and I was loving every bit of it. Now that that was over, it's time for the finals...