Chapter 6

A/N: Hey everyone, for this chapter, I've decided that the opposite genders of the main characters are gonna be added for this bit, meaning Fiona, Cake, Ice Queen, Prince Gumball, Marshall Lee, and etc. will be added for this bit. Anyways, I hope you enjoy.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Y/N's POV)

The next day, on the day of Battle of the Bands, people from the Candy Kingdom, Fire Kingdom, and some other kingdoms, came to the venue of the event. Everything was already ready, and it just needed some final touch ups. The people participating the event, were getting ready backstage, and that included Marceline and I as well. We restrung our instruments and tuned them up to standard before Simon came in with his drum set. 

Y/N: "Ok Simon, you know your parts right? All you have to do is keep up the tempo, not too fast and not too slow as well." 

Ice King: "Alright, I'll try my best, I mean, I've never played infront of people I kidnapped and fought against, except for the last Battle of the Bands." I placed a hand on his shoulder before I smiled.

Y/N: "Don't worry Simon, you're gonna do fine, we as a band are gonna do fine. Marceline and I are counting on you to do your part alright?" Ice King hesitated for a bit before he nodded again, and we smiled at his conviction.

Marceline: "That's the spirit Simon, we're gonna do great today, and we might even win this-" She was then interrupted by a bunch of people laughing.

???: "Yeah, as if you can beat us!" We turned around to see the male equivalent of Marceline, and the female equivalents of Fiona and the Ice Queen. They walked over to us, and we stared at each other forehead against forehead.

Y/N: "Really shit for brains? I don't even believe a god damn word you said out of your bootleg vampire ass, so why don't you just back off, and we can settle this on stage." He chuckled at me before shoving me back to Marceline.

???: "Oh, some big talk, for some small low life. I heard about your backstory, and I gotta say, I wish you hadn't come to Ooo in the first place. Oh well, might as well relish the moment, am I right?" The three of them laughed as I clenched my fist, for it to become pale-ish white, and blood started to drip down my palm.

???: "See you on stage, and good luck, not like you'll need it." They started to walk away, and Marceline was very furious.

Marceline: "UGH! Why can't Marshall just get off our backs, it's been two years since I dated him, and this happens!?" I looked at her shocked, and she realized what she said before she looked at me the same way.

Y/N: "You dated, that scumbag!?" 

Marceline: "Well..." She was hesitant at first, but my patience was just one step away from losing it.

Marceline: "Yes I did..." My eyes were so full of anger that I wanted to just break something to calm down, but I decided to do it later. 

Y/N: "What did you even see in him!? Why did you date him!?" Marceline fumbled with her fingers while speaking.

Marceline: "I...he treated me like a real queen...turns out he only did that, so he can take my place to rule the Nightosphere. At least Finn and Jake took him down a notch..." I calmed down for a second before I looked into her eyes.

Y/N: "We'll talk about this, when we get back home." She just nodded before the event was just about to start. Princess Bubblegum and Prince Gumball went up on stage with mics as the MCs for the event. 

PB: "Hello everyone, and welcome to Battle of the Bands! We got tons and tons of people, willing to show their stuff, and we are here to witness what they got to show."

PG: "Absolutely right PB, we have many many people from all over Ooo, wanting to the prize and to come out on top. What might that prize be? Well, Wizard Bill had just stocked a very very rare guitar that I'm sure everyone would like to have. Guitar player or not, this guitar would surely be one to compete for."

PB: "That's right PG, and in today's Battle of the Bands, we have not one, not two, but three special guest judges for this event."

PB and PG: "Everyone, give it up for Finn the Human, Jake the Dog, and Cake the Cat!" Everyone then applauded for them, and after they applauded we went right into the performances. All of them were very good to say the least, but then it was Marshall Lee's turn to perform, and I'm so sure that something crazy will come to play, and I can't compete with it. Who knows, maybe he's just too good with the ladies.

PG: "Alright everyone, give it up for our next competitor, Marshall Lee, The Vampire King." Everyone started cheering for him before he started to play.

After he finished the song, everyone was cheering him on, but I knew that he was trying to provoke me with that song, because I knew that it was either for me or Marceline. When he exited the stage, he smirked at me, and so did Ice Queen to Simon, and Fiona to Marceline. I was already riled up now.

Marceline: "So annoying, ready to put on a show babe?" 

Y/N: "Of course Marceline, wouldn't miss it for the world."

PB: "Thank you Marshall Lee, and now, for one of the most unexpected arrivals to Ooo, he is the man with magic fingers, Y/N L/N!" I got up on stage; however, only some people clapped for me, that includes the judges and most of the Candy Kingdom people. I didn't care anyways, but I grew nervous every passing second. I nodded to Simon and Marceline before I started off.

(A/N: Video starts at 0:42)

As I was singing and playing to the song, I looked to the crowd and everyone was already getting into the groove, but not everyone was at it yet, so I had to amp it up even more with the solo. When it got there, already everyone was cheering and moving to the rhythm, and even the judges were banging there heads too. The song then ended, and everyone cheered and clapped for me. All three of us bowed to the crowd before we went backstage again, and we were met by Marshall, and his group.

Marshall: "You got the rock, but when we get to the finals, you won't be able to keep up with me, that is, if you can even make it to the finals." He smirked before they started to leave, and that was the end of preliminaries.

A/N: Hey everyone, next chapter is gonna be the semi finals, and there will be some drama between Y/N, Marcy, and Marshall, so be on the lookout for the next chapter. Anyways, thank you so much for reading, and I will see you in the next chapter. BYE!