Chapter 7

(Y/N's POV)

Today was the day of the of the quarter finals, and I gotta tell you, nothing has been the same when I knew that Marshall and Marceline had dated in the past. She was becoming very silent, she was late to every practice, and she would never make eye contact with me whenever we were hanging out with friends. It was all very strange to me, but I decided to talk to her after the Battle of the Bands was over. Simon, Marceline, and I were backstage, waiting for our time to shine once more, we shared a few jokes, and we did one more practice run before someone had to interrupt the practice by shoving me with his shoulder.

Marshall: "Oopsie daisy. Sorry to interrupt the shit-show that was unfolding." The Ice Queen, and Fiona laughed, but I was not gonna have it anymore. I took off my guitar strap and walked over to him until we were so close that our foreheads were touching.

Y/N: "The only shit-show here is the one I'm looking at right now." He smirks.

Marshall: "Oh ho ho, those fighting words buddy. Listen, if you hadn't arrived to Ooo, Marceline would still be mine! But no, she had to run off with a human!" He bore his fangs, but before he could get a good chomp at my neck, Marceline ran over and stood between the two of us.

Marceline: "Stop it you two! This is not the time to be fighting!"

Marshall: "Hah! Exactly!" She then turned towards him and gripped on his flannel collar.

Marceline: "Stay away from Y/N, or you will regret it!"

Marshall: "What are you gonna do about it?" She hesitated for a second before letting go and walking back to me and held my hand. Before I could even say a word, she locked her lips on mine, and that made Marshall fume with anger. He left without saying a word, and I just broke the kiss up because she was only trying to make him feel jealous.

Marceline: "What's wrong Y/N?" I said nothing. All I did was put my strap on, and walked onto the stage as the previous contestants got off the stage. I walked over to the water bottles placed at the left side of the stage before taking one and drinking all of it in one go. I walked up to the mic and got one of the picks that was placed there.

Y/N: "Hey guys, how's it going!?" Everyone cheered at the sound of my voice. "Alright, alright, cool to hear." Marceline and Simon got on stage as well, but Marceline was looking a little down. When she looked at me, she didn't say a word. She walked past me and grabbed my old Les Paul, and this made some of the audience confused, since they know that we were a couple. 

Y/N: "Let's get this party started shall we!?" Everyone cheered once more before I started to sing.

"In the end
As you fade into the night (oh whoa oh oh)
Who will tell the story of your life?"

"In the end
As my soul's laid to rest
What is left of my body
Or am I just a shell?
And I have fought
And with flesh and blood I commanded an army
Through it all
I have given my heart for a moment of glory"
(I gave it all)

"In the end
As you fade into the night (oh whoa oh oh)
Who will tell the story of your life (oh whoa oh oh)
And who will remember your last goodbye (oh whoa oh oh)
'Cause it's the end and I'm not afraid
I'm not afraid to die."

"I'm not afraid, I'm not afraid to die"

"Born a saint
But with every sin I still wanna be holy
I will live again
Who we are
Isn't how we live we are more than our bodies
If I fall I will rise back up and relive my glory"

"In the end
As you fade into the night (oh whoa oh oh)
Who will tell the story of your life (oh whoa oh oh)
And who will remember your last goodbye (oh whoa oh oh)
'Cause it's the end and I'm not afraid
I'm not afraid to die"

I got to the solo part of the song, and I was playing with all I got at this point, but when I glanced over to Marceline, I followed her eyes to see her looking at Marshall at stage left. I nearly screwed up the solo, but managed to get back on track.

"In the end
As you fade into the night (oh whoa oh oh)
Who will tell the story of your life (oh whoa oh oh)
And who will remember your last goodbye (oh whoa oh oh)
'Cause it's the end and I'm not afraid
I'm not afraid to die"

"Who will remember this last goodbye (oh whoa oh oh)
'Cause it's the end and I'm not afraid
I'm not afraid to die"

"Not afraid
I'm not afraid to die
No not afraid
I'm not afraid to die"

Throughout the whole song, I had noticed that Marceline had been staring at Marshall for countless times, and I would nearly screw up the lyrics because of that. When we got off-stage, I immediately took off my guitar strap and I ran to Finn and Jake's treehouse. I opened the door, and I found Beemo and Neptr just rummaging around the things inside the house. When they saw me, they greeted me.

Beemo and Neptr: "Hello Y/N." 

Y/N: "Hello Beemo, Neptr." As I greeted them, I climbed up to the living room of the house and sat on the couch, but not before I disrespectfully, got a soda from their mini fridge and taking a sip. After about a couple of hours into me sitting on the couch, drinking every single soda Finn and Jake had, I was met by Beemo and Neptr, looking at me with sadness in their eyes, like they even had emotions.

Neptr: " What is the matter Y/N, you seem to be very sad right now."

Y/N: "I don't wanna talk about it Neptr."

Beemo: "C'mon Y/N, you can tell us. Besides, we are not really people anyways, we are just machines."

Y/N: *sighs* "Fine, it's about Marceline. During the perfomance at Battle of the Bands, I kept on seeing her look at Marshall with looks of, what I can only assume as love. I can't bring myself to say it to her but, I think she's still in love with Marshall..." I place my hands on my head and slowly shed tears in my eyes...I looked into the kitchen and walked inside to see that a butcher knife was left in the sink. I took the knife and lifted my shirt up so that the heart tattoo with "our" initials could be shown. I slowly raised the knife and gulped.

Y/N: "This is gonna hurt..." I raised the knife and slashed at my skin, carving the tattoo off of my stomach, but that left me with a huge gash afterwards. I lay in the puddle of blood I had created before I sang a certain song I sing when I am down...