Chapter Sixteen

I dreamt of you,

And that we kissed.

Although,

It was not real,

I still wake up breathless.

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

Carina's POV

I lay on his bed crying myself dry. How could he be so insensitive, he knows how I feel about this kind of stuff. Who would've thought he couldn't last being nice for more than one day?

And jeez, I almost stupidly gave into his charm and sweet talk. He seemed like he actually cared about how I felt. I almost let him touch me in places no guy has ever touched me before, and I would've been looking stupid when he started being a jerk again.

He just played with my feelings, right after I had forgave him for being a complete asshole. This was probably one of the biggest mistakes I had ever made.

I needed to get out of here, go back to Aunt Luana or maybe even get a flight to New York as soon as possible. I need my old life back, away from this place before these people can corrupt me even more.

He was probably already calling up some skanky whore - the fucking douche couldn't even wait an hour. He hadn't even bothered to come check on me which really showed me he didn't care. I'm just an idiot for thinking he did.

I look over my appearance in the mirror. My eyes were red and puffy, my cheeks were tear stained and my hair was just a slight mess. I was still wearing his Messi jersey but with my underclothes and shorts on.

This was good enough to walk home in the rain I guess. Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that there was a thunderstorm warning, isn't that just fucking peachy?

I creep down the stairs, hoping he doesn't hear me and grab my bag from the kitchen. He's sitting on the couch, watching some old type of movie. It's the first version of Alice in Wonderland and I smile. I loved that movie when I was a little girl.

"Where are you going?" Scott asks, his eyes never leaving the TV.

"Home."

"Bambi, I'm sorry-"

"No Scott, you went too far this time. I can't do this back and forth thing with you, it's making me angry and I don't like it. I just need a break, from you. From this, whatever this is," I motion my hands between us and he stands up.

"At least let me drive you," he intertwines his hand in mind. I attempt to pull it away.

"No, I don't want to have to see you anymore. It's only going to make this hard." I admit, peering at him through glossy eyes. "You're so mean to me and I take it. I take it all because I like you and I thought you liked me but you don't. Why are you so mean to me?"

"Well maybe if you weren't so uptight all the time, I wouldn't be so rude," he pulls away, "I hated you so much when we first met, that's why I was rude to you and then I thought it could be different with a girl like you. But it can't, I don't feel any different towards you than I do every other girl. You're a sad little naive girl Carina, and you think that everyone is good and they aren't. You need to grow up and face reality,"