Chapter Ten

It's hard when you miss people. But, you know, if you miss them that means you were lucky. It means you had someone special in your life, someone worth missing.

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

I missed everyone. I missed them terribly. A week of being locked up in a hotel gave me time to think about that. I was angry and hurt and sad and I didn't know what to do. My reflections brought me to realize that everyone was just trying to protect me from Scott.

They didn't see what I see every time I'd look into those beautiful steel blue eyes. Sure he had a past, a dark one but that doesn't mean he's not good. I can see now where they're coming from and I respect there judgments.

I just wish that they would respect mine. I had two weeks left here and I didn't want to spend in locked up and moping over Scott. It's not like we would even become anything more than what we were two weeks ago. That's the truth and I have to face it.

He wouldn't just change in two weeks and all of a sudden devote himself to me. I'd never in years expect that to happen. He was who he was and I was who I was. Complete opposites that found themselves slowly attracting.

I wasn't going to let that happen though, not at all. I couldn't even imagine forming a relationship then having him rip my heart to pieces. He was good, but not as good as I hoped.

I would like to have him as a friend although he wasn't exactly the type a guy to have female friends. Maybe he'd make an exception for me.

"Are you ready to go?" Aunt Lu asks and I nod.

She had signed me up for therapy and I was kind of glad she did. But at the same time her motives were unacceptable. She wants me to forget about Scott which I didn't want. She says I don't know what I want, she says I'm confused but I ignore her comments.

The ride to the therapist was long and quiet, almost nerve wracking. She dropped me off with instructions to call her when my session was over. She couldn't stay because she had work so that was understandable.

I was in the doctors office in no time, staring blankly at his careless expression.

"Tell me what's on your mind Cari. You don't mind if I call you Cari, do you?" What type of nick name is Cari.

"No, I don't mind. And I'm not really sure what's on my mind. I just miss my friends."

"What's their names?"

"Amber and Scott. Well Scott's not really my friend," my cheeks were heating up.

"You like this Scott don't you?" I blush then nod.

"He's just so....so perfect and no one seems to see that, not even him."

I spend the session talking to him about Scott and by the end of it, I feel a sudden urgency to see him. I make another appointment with Dr. Sullivan before heading to Scott's house.

I know Aunt Lu said to call her but I couldn't do that. She would just send someone to pick me up and I'd much rather see Scott. Dr. Sullivan had suggested I get to know him better so I was going to do exactly that.