"And what will we do? When it's over?" Lexa asked.

"What do you want?"

They both stared at one another, the memories clashing against glassy eyes. Lexa grasped Clarke's hands and rested her forehead against her shoulder.

"Peace. With you. I want my home back, my people back. I want a life without fear, for us and everyone else we care about"

Clarke smiled "That's quite a list. Anything else?"

"That's all. For now." Lexa glanced, a glint in her eye which told Clarke her list was far from over. But she didn't comment on it. What had been said was enough to keep her happy for years to come.

"Well, let's fight for it yeah?"
_______________________
()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()

"Lexa!" Raven skipped through crowds of armoured people "Hey! Commander! Yo, raccoon girl!"

Lexa turned at the near-by offensive name "Excuse me?"

"Your warpaint... it makes you look like a- never mind. Sorry." Raven fumbled with the metal in her arms "Listen I know your stuff got messed up pretty bad last fight. So I took it upon myself to be the blacksmith of this place."

Raven dumped the pile into Lexa's arms, unbuckling the sheath from her hip and dropping it on top. Lexa quickly leant back to balance the stuff.

"I managed to pull together some armour over the last few days. Tailored and crafted by yours truly. I also made the sword from scrap metal and some leather. That baby is sharper than your own jaw, Commander" Raven crossed her arms in pride. Lexa stared at her. "Well? Go on! Put it on, would you? We don't have much time until we leave and meet up with Luna."

"She left?" Lexa asked

"Yup. Jasper and Laura also left a few hours ago to gather groups of rebels within the walls. Their faces seemed known enough for anyone to recognise them... I hope. Once word has been spread around Pike's army that there's a rebellion, there won't be many people to fight." Raven paused to scratch her chin

"And Clarke?"

"Oh she's over making sure the horses are looked after. It's a warm day so she's giving them some water"

"And-"

"Look, everyone is doing what they're supposed to be doing. The only one not doing that is you, so go!"

Lexa rushed away from the crowd to apply her armour. She was pleasantly surprised as she buckled the metal clasps into place around her waist and fixed the shoulder armour on securely. It felt comfortable, as if nothing had changed. But many things had. The armour felt lighter, easier to move around in, and the brunette found it easier to breathe with it on. It hugged her body rather than crushed it.

She unsheathed her sword, scanning the craftsmanship of the blade. It had appeared that the leather of the handle had been weaved into intricate patterns- patterns that Lexa knew only Lincoln could create. He had even gone as far as to carve thin crisp lines into the blade itself, which Lexa on instinct ran a thumb over its sharp edge.

She hissed as the metal sliced into her skin without hardly any pressure. Pulling her hand away, she watched the sunlight shine down on the ferocious looking metal, a lone drop of blood rolling down its edge and sliding off into the grass. Clenching her jaw and tightening her grip on the handle, she slid the sword back into its sheath.