Fourth Life [pt.3]

Making it to the tower was barely an inconvenience for the group of 6, only encountering one other team. Even then, they fled immediately at the sight of 6 people instead of the normal 3. It was even easier to avoid the genjutsu trap the Rain Team had set up.

Basuto had reprimanded Jade slightly that she didn't remember that happening in the show, her only excuse being she only watched part of the show once.

Now inside the tower, they debated whether opening both teams scrolls at the same time was a good idea.

"No, let's not. These are summoning scrolls to summon our sensei's, and I don't think they would take kindly to our teams teaming up. Let's open them separately." Basuto said to the rest. He knew of the tension between both villages.

Simply smirking in response, Jade threw both of the scrolls she was holding forward, a puff of smoke announcing their sensei's arrival.

Goddamnit Jade. You love to piss me off don't you?

Basuto didn't get the chance to voice his displeasure.

"Yugito-sensei! Good to see you again! We kicked ass and did awesome!" The relationship between the genin and sensei was apparent.

Yugito gave a cat-like grin, clearly amused by her student's declaration. That grin was quickly taken over by a look of confusion as she took notice of the genin team standing next to her own.

"Yeah, it's good to see you guys too, but why is there a leaf team here?" She asked them. It was peculiar to see leaf and cloud in the same room, let alone actually getting along. Then again, they were just children, so they probably didn't know about the... strained relationship of Konoha and Kumo.

"Due to unfortunate circumstances during the exam, we had to make a temporary alliance." Basuto explained diplomatically, cutting off any response from Jade. He knew what she was going to say, and he did not want their relations be known. He could use that information later.

"Ah, that explains it. Anyways, thank you guys for watching out for them. I know they can be quite the hassle. Hope to see you guys in the next exam, but you might want to go meet your own sensei first." She replied in a similarly passive way.

She sighed internally, thankful at least one person in the group was caught up on politics. Hopefully that meant he knew better than to create any sort of connection between the teams that would extend past the exam.

Basuto nodded in understanding, and turned around to head to a different room. Just before exiting the room, he turned back to stare at the Kumo team. His expression seemed as blank as before to all other occupants of the room, but she could see beneath it. There was a glint in his eye, as if he were about to go all in on a gamble.

"It was nice meeting you, number 2."

Her eyes widened, and she could see his lips twitch upwards in response. For a split second, she could see that grin on his face, the predatory action resounding with her. As though she was being watched by a fellow feline.

She rose to his challenge, her own feline instincts demanding she show him who was the superior. In that moment, both knew of the kinship between them. Finally, his trek out was continued, leaving all but one confused.

"Yugito-sensei, why did he call you '2'?" Yoshi asked her blonde sensei.

Yugito just smiled at her.

"Oh, it was nothing to worry about. You guys still have about 4 hours of break left. Let's go eat some food."

¤◇¤◇¤◇¤◇¤◇¤