(12)지용

As soon as I opened the door of our apartment, I heard the sound of people talking from the TV. I hurriedly took off my shoes and went straight to the living room to see that Yeoreum is indeed still awake.

She held a bag of chips, munching it while laying down. Her eyes landed on me and said "Oh, you're home already" She took a handful of chips and devoured it. 

I put my bag down on the couch by her feet before taking a seat on a separate chair "It's already midnight, why are you still awake?"

"It's Saturday tomorrow so why not?" She said, returning her focus on the TV.

I shrugged and stood up from the couch and went straight to my room. After changing my clothes, I went back to the living room and saw Yeoreum still watching the TV. 

I went back to the chair I was on earlier and said "Wanna buy more food?" 

Yeoreum perked up on that. She sat up and wore her flip flops which lied down on the floor beside the couch.

"Are we going now?"

"Yeah, why not?" I said.

"Then let's go!" Yeoreum stood up and ran, me following her footsteps. 

Once we were outside by the parking lot, I took out my keys and unlocked the car. Yeoreum, who was still ahead of me, opened the car and went in.  I did the same and then we were off.

"Hey Jiyong, where are we going?" Yeoreum asked.

"What do you want? Fastfood or chips?"

"Jjajjangmyeon!" Yeoreum exclaimed making me laugh.

"Then jjajjangmyeon it is"

-----

The city lights glimmered as the night wore on. The empty bowls of jjajjangmyeon forgotten as Yeoreum and I sat beside each other in silence.

The cold night breeze slapped our skin and only the warmth of each other seemed to beat it. The atmosphere was too comfortable that neither of us noticed the time. The only sound heard was the breeze and the other's breath.

"Jiyong..." Yeoreum began. I turned to look at her and noticed how the lights seemed to reflect on Yeoreum's eyes.

"Yeah?" I asked, still looking at her eyes, a bit mesmerized.

"Is it okay if I go on a date?" She asked, now looking me in the eye.

I stared at her hazelnut brown eyes, finding my own face in her brown orbs. And then I replied

"Of course. Why wouldn't it be okay?"

"I just wanted to ask" She murmured, turning away from me.

I looked back towards the city and asked "Is he a classmate?"

Yeoreum laughed and shook her head "No"

"The does he go to your school?"

"He used to but not anymore. He moved schools two years ago" Yeoreum explained.

I nodded, not really knowing what to say next.

"He's three years older than me ya'know. I liked him since I was like in 6th grade. I was actually moving on from him but the bastard showed up again earlier today. And hey! He suddenly asked me out" Yeoreum laughed.

Yeoreum stood up from the ground and looked at me and said "I wanna go home"

And so we went home in silence, contemplating about what happened today.