t h i r t y f i v e

The rush home was pointless because regardless of how early or late I got home, my dad was going to be there waiting. His arms were probably crossed over his robe and staring at the door with the Bible in his hands ready to read me the first verse about disobeying your parents of some sort. And as horrible as it sounded, I was so over this religious act.

Jack had been more concerned about the consequences than me at this point. He was basically speeding down the road just to get to my house in less than fifteen minutes even though it was already a thirty minute drive. But he was determined to make sure my dad wasn't going to be as pissed as he already was but my dad had nearly hated Jack.

So anything involving the guy would most likely trigger my dad immedietly.

Jack pulled alongside the curb in front of my house while I was stared at it. The lights had bled through the curtains indicating someone was up and in the living room probably awaiting my arrival. I sighed undoing my seatbelt and getting out of the car without saying a word to Jack who had simply gotten out the car too.

"What are you doing?" I asked as he approached me on the other side of the car.

"I thought maybe I could explain-"

"Nice of you to consider but it won't work." I say annoyed. "You don't know my dad like I do."

"Well I think I know enough." He shrugged crossing his arms over his chest and leaning onto the car. "He's a religious asshole who is way too controlling over his daughter."

I scrunched my eyebrows up looking over to him. "Did you just call my dad an asshole?"

He smirked looking down to me. "Did you just use a swear word?"

I rolled my eyes before looking back over to my house not even wanting to approach it. I had hated the mess I had created behind those doors but I loved the live I was living away from it. Here with Jack had made my life seem like it had meaning, a meaning of rebellion in a very non threatening way.

Just a girl trying to live her best life without her dad spazzing out about it.

"Jack, you know how this is going to end." I finally say after the few moments of silence between us. "You should just leave now."

He shook his head standing up from the car. "Sooner or later your dad is going to have to accept that you're not a little girl anymore Charlie. And even I know it's a bitch move to not be able to step up to your girls dad, he doesn't scare me and neither does his bible verses-"

I had listening to his entire speech about wanting to respect my dad but my mind only stuck on one part.

His girl.

Jack had called me his girl and he was ready to face my dad about it.

I smiled to myself facing my house as Jack continued with his long talk. Jack and I definitely never define what we were, just a couple of clueless rebellious teens looking for some trouble, as cliche as that sounds. And now after this it didn't need to be define cause it was confirmed.

I was Jack's girl.

"-Plus I think your mom likes me a little more than he does."

I rolled my eyes playfully as he rocked back and forth on his feet staring up at my house as well.

"Well my mom wouldn't be the only girl here who likes you." I say more boldly than I would have ever. He quickly looked down at me fighting back his smile but I could see the ends of his lips fighting to just even smirk. He threw his heavy arm over my shoulder and pulling me towards him tightly while kissing the top of my head.

Thank God my hair smelled like vanilla and strawberries and not concert sweat.

I sighed wanting to get this over with as Jack and I made our way up to my front door. He wanted to be respectful to at least let my dad see the guy who was practically ruining his innocent pure seventeen year old daughter and I wasn't going to stop him. I placed my hand on the handle as it had swung open making me almost fall over and there I was making the most intimadting eye contact with my dad yet.

He stared down at me nose flared and his forehead shining from a light layer of sweat most likely from his constant pacing whenever he's anxious. He then looked at Jack behind me and when his eyebrows dropped in anger and his eyes squinted over to him I knew whatever was coming out of his mouth was not going to be God's words.

"Stay away from my daughter." He said in a very threatening voice.

"Dad-"

"Shut it!" He shouted down to me before looking back over to Jack. "If you come near my house or my daughter again, I swear I will-"

"Sir." Jack had cut him off clearing his throat before crossing his arms behind his back. "I think I should formally introduce myself. I'm-"

He was defintely doing that to piss my dad off.

"I don't care who you are!" My dad shouted. "Because what you are is a lowlife who is only going to bring my daughter down with you and if you really cared for my daughter Mr Gilinsky then you'd leave her the hell alone."

I had stared at my dad as if the person standing in front of us was a stranger and he truly had been. Tomorrow my dad would preach about loving the world and caring for each other but tonight he was spat nothing but hate to Jack, who didn't even seemed phased by it. Almost as if he had heard the speech before, what other preachers daughter did he get himself caught in?

Jack let out an awkward cough. "I'm going to pretend you didn't say that."

I sighed closing my eyes. "Jack, you should go."

He had thankfully saw in my eye the embarrasment that was spreading through my body like a wild fire for my dad's disgusting behaviour.

"You know, for someone who 'loves all' you sure are ignorant as hell." He then blurted making internally die but face palm myself as well. "You ever think that it has nothing to do with me or any other men in her life other then the one who is trying to dictate everything she does. She's not a little girl anymore Mr Ryder. If there's anyone who will drive her away, it wouldn't be me."

My dad stared over to Jack. "Are you trying to imply that I'd drive my daughter away?"

Jack shook his head while backing away slowly. "I didn't say that sir. You did."

I had made sure my dad hadn't seen but I had been proud of Jack. He definetly handled this situation better than my dad and only in exchange of some words, no altercations, no yelling, just talk.

"Goodnight Charlotte."

I smiled over to him shaking my head a bit and mouthing goodbye to him. He smirked winking at me before turning around and walking to his car before dissappearing into it.

My dad had eyed Jack till the moment he pulled away and then he eyed me as well.

"Does he speak for you as well?" He asked as I entered the house making him follow after me.

"No dad." I say blantly walking down the hall. "He speaks for himself. You wouldn't have listened if it came from me."

I entered my room knowing my dad was going to follow me inside with a lecture but I endured the moments of silence while I could.

That's my boy.

***

I literally forced myself to stay up and write at least four chapters of this book before bed because it is coming to an end REAL SOON.

I literally started writing this book May 29th of last year... ITS ALMOST BEEN A YEAR AND IM STILL NOT FINISHED UGH!

I am the worst procrastinator.

Anyways, opinions?