t w e n t y f o u r

Just like I had promised I was the first person to walk into church. Of course Jordan had to miss out because of her sudden expected hangover from a night out and James and Jack had 'better' things to attend to.

So I was left here by myself with last nights mistakes and the people who I had to keep them from. Including Sammy who had been talking to my dad by the podium.

I walked up to the two of them pushing my hair out my face and smiling brightly up at my dad, "Hi daddy."

He had looked down at me shocked as if I wouldn't keep my word, "Good morning sweetheart. You didn't call last night I had gotten worried. Where's Jordan?"

"She's sick." I said. It wasn't a lie, she wasn't feeling well, "I guess her mom gave her something."

"I don't even have to ask about James and his friend." My dad then said with a groan, "Sammy is preparing for his first sermon, next month. You can see if he needs help."

I did as my dad said and walked up to Sammy who was in the first pew reading his bible and muttering words to himself with a notebook.

"Hey." I smiled taking a seat next to him as he smiled up at me excited to see me, "I didn't know you were talking."

"Not today but soon." He admitted putting down his pen, "i told you, your dad is really inspiring Charlie. I want to go to school to become a reverend."

Great. Not only was I the preachers daughter globally known but my boyfriend was ready to make me the preachers girlfriend.

But I smiled anyways, "That's great. I'm really proud of you."

I had leaned in to kiss him forgetting about our rings or even about where we were at.

"Charlotte..." Sammy hurriedly said before looking around to see if anyone had seen the sudden act. He then sighed realizing nobody was watching us and running his finger over his ring, "I made a promise to god and I intend to keep it."

"But a kiss Sammy?" I questioned raising an eyebrow and leaning away from him, "Come on, it's not like we're having sex."

"We might as well." He muttered, "just wait until my sermon and it'll all make sense, I promise."

He smiled closing his notebook and bible and leaning in to give me a gentle kiss on my cheek before walking away to go check in with my dad. I sighed putting my back to the chair and staring up at the set.

After yesterday, I had needed someone to touch. And Sammy was not it.

After a good hour and a half later I was standing in the front of the church with my dad saying our byes to the people who attended today. My decision of now sleeping yesterday had finally kicked in and my legs were ready to give in.

I didn't want to make it noticeable especially because there was no reason I should be even the slightest way tired. In my dads head I had just been studying the Bible and enjoying some apple juice probably but I wasn't.

I was at a party. I was cheating on my boyfriend. I had liked cheating on my boyfriend. And finally I had wasted all night thinking of what I did.

I was ready to go back in my bed and forget it even happened.

***

Where did the ship between Harry styles and Ariana grande form??

Like... I'm genuinely confused.

This chapter is short and shit but I'm sick and refuse to work on it any longer. Of course I get sick on the first day of thanksgiving break.

Anyways, opinions?