Sweet as Cake

Kakyoin smiled to himself as he watched you move around the kitchen, like you were born to do this. "Kakyoin, did you get the flour out? Kakyoin?" You asked your boyfriend, when he didn't respond you turned around and saw that he was just standing there with a smile on his face. You furrowed your eyebrows before saying his name again but much louder. This seemed to break him out of whatever little daydream he was in. He looked down at you and blushed.

"What did you say my love?" He asked sheepishly, while rubbing the back of his neck. You sighed then laughed. You repeated the question and he looked panicked for a second and then turned back around and grabbed the jar of supposed to be flour but was actually powdered sugar.

"Oh uh here you go Y/N!" He said smiling proudly like he was accomplished or something. You looked at the jar then frowned. You looked from the jar and then to Kakyoin then to the jar again. You fixed him with a pointed look. You started laughing before you said,

"Kak, this is powdered sugar, NOT flour!" You then proceeded to pick up the CORRECT jar which contained the flour. Kakyoin blushed and then tried defending himself saying that 'the jars looked so much alike it was almost impossible to tell the difference'. You just laughed again.

"The jar literally says "FLOUR" and "P. SUGAR" on it!" You said smiling. He just huffed and took the powdered sugar from you and flicked some at you. You gasped and then glared at him. You declared that you will get him back for that and continued on preparing the cake ingredients.

"Now! The fruit pieces! Hand me the cherries, strawberries and raspberries please!" You asked sweetly, while turning around to look at your boyfriend smiling. Your smile dropped when you made eye contact and he was caught red-handed EATING the CHERRIES for your CAKE. He dropped the one he was about to devour and smiled shyly.

"KAKYOIN! I can't BELIEVE that you are eating MY cherries for the CAKE! You literally had ONE job and that was to PREPARE the ingredients not EAT the ingredients." You huffed. He looked so guilty and sorry you couldn't help but not be mad at him for long. He came over to you and wrapped his arms around you.

"I'm sorry Y/N, I won't eat any more cherries." He said while pouting adorably. You couldn't stop the smile from breaking out on your face from his cuteness. You just nodded and kissed his cheek before going back to baking the cake. You finally had everything mixed and put into the pans and then the oven. As you were waiting for the cakes to bake you decided it was time to make the icing for the cakes, so you and Kakyoin got out all the ingredients to make the Mocha raspberry icing. When the icing was done, Kakyoin didn't notice you as you scooped a little bit of icing on your finger. You took the icing on your finger and swiped it on his nose quickly before he could stop you. You started giggling as he scrunched up his nose in surprised discomfort. He looked so shocked.

"I can not believe you just did that to me!" Kakyoin exclaimed. You just giggled as he cleaned his face and stalked towards you, you mock cowering and he then started tickling you. You couldn't stop laughing, begging him to stop. He finally relented only because the timer for the cakes went off. You checked the cakes and saw that they were done. You both waited couple of hours before icing the cake so that it could cool down. Kakyoin ushered you to go sit down so that he for some reason could go retrieve the cake from the kitchen even though you were ALREADY there. You just shrugged and nodded before going to the dining room table and sitting down. You tapped your fingertips on the table waiting for your boyfriend of 3 years. Finally you saw him step out of the kitchen with the cake in his hands. You watched him place the cae on the table but what you didn't expect to see was a little container or box on top of the cake you furrowed your brows confused. You picked up the box and opened it to see a beautiful ring inside you gasped loudly and realized that Kakyoin was no longer standing by the cake so you turned around a bit and and saw Kakyoin down on one knee. You brought one of your trembling hands to your jaw-dropped mouth and felt tears falling down your face.

"Y/N, I'm not certain what words could describe how much you mean to me and and I'm not certain I'm the best baker." He started. You chuckled at the baking part. "But what I am certain about is that I want you to be my wife and I want to spend the rest of my life with you, so will you please marry me?" Kakyoin said taking your hand in his. You literally screamed yes at him before he slipped the ring from the box you were holding and placed the ring on your finger before you flung yourself at him and hugged him to you.

"Now about the cake..." Kakyoin said gesturing towards the cake. You just shook your head at the man-child that is your now FIANCE. 

Authors Note:

Hello! Thanks for reading! This was a request by @blanksouless . I hope you enjoyed! Requests are open but keep in mind that we might take a little while to get to it because it is ending the end of the school year for us.  Thanks again for the request! -Kay <3