10

Kirishima dragged himself out of bed late in the morning. He hadn't had a self-imposed day off in quite a few months, due to his pursuit of the Fire-Raiser, and it was picking the worst time to show.

Oh shit, Bakugou.

Apparently the villain had raided Kiri's near-empty kitchen, found it lacking, and gone out to... get more supplies, according to the note left on the counter.

Well, fuck.

At least Mina and Uraraka shouldn't be pestering him. He'd had plenty of late nights where he forgot to contact them, so he should be fine there.

The only problem was the now-gone Bakugou.

He made himself a cup of coffee (really mostly cream, who was he kidding), threw on some vaguely presentable clothes, and opened the door to attempt to locate the missing Fire-Raiser.

X X X

Bakugou slipped through the mess known as the Underworld. Really just a place for recognizable villains to buy supplies without being caught, though you could never be sure. It was well-known that many would do anything for money.

And so, Bakugou ended up buying fucking groceries for an idiot of a beast who couldn't be bothered to eat anything but goddamn ramen, even though he was in the top ten!

At least the thing was gone.

Heyyy, miss me?

"Fuck." Fuck off. Fuck you.

Hmmm, how about no.

Bakugou was just glad he hadn't left the muzzle on the side table, so no one could see his mess of a snarl. Sure, people always looked pissy in the Underworld, but look pissy at the wrong person and you'd get in a fight. And while Bakugou knew he could take anyone that dared to test him, he was carrying eggs.

Running errands now? Wow, you've downgraded a lot.

Ignore it, Bakugou reminded himself. Ignore it, it means nothing.

We both know you don't mean that.

Bakugou hissed, sending the small fry who shouldn't even be in the Underworld in the first place scattering. Hah. Fucking extras don't even know they're standing in front of a living legend. Be glad I refuse to kill when carrying eggs, you useless creatures.

In the back of his mind he could faintly hear the thing making a scene about being ignored, but he couldn't care less. He had to get back before the goddamn lion went out looking for him, and he still needed to make breakfast.

Or lunch, depending on what time it was. God, when was the last time he had a decent meal?

Shit, when was the last time I ate at all? Or cooked?

He couldn't remember. He was pretty sure that wasn't a good thing. Weren't you supposed to eat like... a few times a day?

Well, he'd be eating soon enough. He quickly opened up the lion's back window; it opened onto a fire escape. That was good. Eggs were important and Bakugou was not going to risk them. He slipped the bag of groceries through, and then himself, reaching behind his head to remove the muzzle. It was more uncomfortable than he remembered, rubbing against his skin in all the wrong places.

"Where the fuck were you?"

Shit. This is what he'd been afraid of. "Didn't fucking kill anyone, if that's what you're thinking," he spat. "Just went to pick up some actual fucking food. I left a note, what did you think I was gonna do? Run away?"