🍴 • 25 • 🍴

"Be careful, Sunshine. It's slippery out here."

"Okay, Pa."

"Actually, you know what? Come give me your hand."

"No. I got it."

"What did he say?" Zayn asked.

She pouted but came over and took her father's hand anyway.

Charlie was in Zayn's arms. So together they walked down the snow covered path, their boots crushing the snow. Finally, they reached leveled ground and looked out into the open area.

"So much snow!" Nema yelled out and she went running out into the snow. "I never seen the snow here before."

"Yes. We know. That's why we wanted you both to see it, Pumpkin. This place is beautiful all times of the year. Even when it snows and covers everything."

Zayn put Charlie down on his own two feet and Charlie bent down to pick up some of the snow in his gloves. "Ooh. Cold."

"Mhm. That's snow."

"Snow."

Charlie was so mesmerized by the powder in his hand and Zayn patted the top of his head. This was Charlie's first time ever out in the snow with them. Zayn wanted him to really enjoy the experience and have a good time.

"Charlie." Nema said.

He looked at her.

"Did you know Nana is here? Not Daddy's Nana but Pa's Nana."

"You mean Pa's mother." Zayn corrected.

"Yeah. She died though. So Nana is all the flowers now. Which is good because she's pretty."

Charlie bent down and picked up more snow. Then held it out to Nema. "That's snow."

She grabbed that hand and pulled him, causing him to drop what he had onto the he ground. "Come on. Let's go roll a big snowball."

"Don't wander off too far, Nema. And watch him. Don't let him wander either."

"I won't, daddy."

Zayn rubbed his hands together and then looked at Harry who was just standing there and looking up in the sky as if he were staring into space.

"Are you alright, babe?" Zayn asked before poking his shoulder.

He jumped and looked at Zayn. "Whoa..."

"Are you okay?"

He nodded. "Yes. Just thinking. The snow came so late this year. Our first snow doesn't usually wait for mid February."

"Sure doesn't but I guess the weather was just tricky like that."

"Yeah."

He folded his arms and titled his head. "Now you want to tell me what's really bothering you? Because I know my husband and I know it is not the weather."

Harry shrugged and stuffed his hands down in his coat pockets. "I saw Louis today."

As soon as he said that, Zayn felt lightheaded. "Wait. Louis? As in... Louis Tomlinson?"

"Yes."

Zayn inhaled and exhaled nervously. "And... What did he say to you?"

"Nothing. We didn't speak. It was from a distance in the store lot when I bought the hot chocolate for tonight. You know how sometimes when you look up in a certain direction for no reason? That's what I did. I just looked up and there he was. At first I thought he saw me. But then he just got in his car so I don't think he did."