🍴 • 24 • 🍴

Start from the beginning

She sat two stacks of papers on the desk and pointed to one.

"So this contract here would be the contract you would sign if you agree to do the show. In summary, it's saying that you would like to work with our studio to put your family on air. Here you will agree to three seasons. The first season is a trial season. So that makes six episodes. If it does relatively well, season two will be thirteen episodes. If the show is rolling by then- which I believe it will, then we will move on to a full season of twenty two episodes. Are you following me?"

"Yes."

"Good. That contract also states that you are giving us limited rights to the footage we have of you and that we have permission to use it only for the show. So don't worry. Even if we do keep it, we are not allowed to sell it to anyone or share behind the scenes footage without your permission on any social media platforms or with anyone not aphilaited with the show. And don't forget you'll see every episode before it airs so anything not in the originally aired shows counts as behind the scenes."

"Yes. We know."

"Good. Moving along. If this is the contract you choose, you start off at three thousand five hundred an episode for you and three thousand five hundred an episode for your husband. The children start low at one thousand since they would likely appear less and don't get interviewed. So if you add all that up and then mutiply that figure by six, that's fifty four thousand for the first season. Yes, I know that isn't anything compared to the money you're already making but it's still money. And the contract is built so that as popularity rises, so does your paycheck. And that is not the only benifit. TV popularity means more business popularity. Your empire would be worth more than it is now and it will leave even more to pass down to your children and even put into your cancer research foundation or whatever else you like."

"Yes. That's all true-"

"Each contract has one name for all six members. You, Mr. Malik, Nema, Charlie, Hannah and Marie. Only difference is that only yours is exactly like your husband's, only Charlie's is exactly like Nema's and the help has the same contract as well. The children are in your hands because they are minors and belong to you. But as for the help, their contracts are based off your decision. Even if they do want to be on TV, we will not film them without your own contractual agreement because the show is for the Styles family. Not the nanny or the maid. So if you agree, they get agreement contracts too unless they specifically state they want to be omitted from the show and request otherwise."

"Okay, okay. And what if we didn't agree? What if Zayn and I said no?" Harry asked.

She winced then pointed to the next stack. "Then this one would be the contract to sign. Signing it would be just like saying you would not like to work with our to studio to put your family on air and that you agree to zero seasons and in turn, the payment amount of zero dollars. We would then have no rights to your footage. So we would either have to remove it from our archives and give it all back to you or remove it from our archives and completely destroy it. Either way, we can't keep it. And you have within thirty days of the contract's issue date to decide or the footage is automatically destroyed whether you agree or disagree to move on with the show. You'll also find that line in the contract of acceptance by the way. That element is there to protect you and your family just in case someone from the company one day decides to be a criminal, steal the footage, breach the contract and use it as extortion."

"That's good."

"I agree. Furthermore, just like the last one, each contract has one name for all six members. You and your husband, Charlie and Nema, Hannah and Marie. Yours and your husband's are the same, the children's are the same and the help is the same. If you disagree, you also must sign the children's contracts of decline. Obviously without you we cannot film them. But this is more so for us so we don't get sued down the road if footage of them is shared by you and then claimed as our studio sending it out in order to receive a payout."