I decided to make a stop at Raiken's house before heading back home. Upon reaching the cottage outback where he usually stayed, my legs started urging me to stand down and leave.

His whole house gave me the chills, and his family had a sinister vibe in general. It was like they were all in some secret mafia of their own.

To fuel up my wild thoughts, I found Raiken sitting on a bench with a man the age of my parents, wearing a long black coat and had cold grey eyes which seemed to be given to him by Satan and not God.

As usual, he was surprised to see me. Though this time, Spyder wasn't around, which is what I wanted.

I needed to speak to Raiken alone without anyone's interference or input.

I did the polite thing and went on to shake the man's hand. As I took a closer look, I realised the similar looks to Raiken's dad. He was like a darker, more ominous version of his father.

Thank God my dads looked like bunnies.

"Can we talk for a minute?" I asked extra politely, keeping in mind that the dark lord was standing behind Raiken.

"Yeah, of course," he ushered me to have a walk across the surrounding garden, lead by a paved path. "I'll be right back uncle Harken."

Uncle Harken smiled, and God I wished he didn't. I fought everything inside me not to scream 'don't take my soul'.

I was deeply disturbed, and wondered if all of his family was like this. I've only met his parents and they look normal, to a certain extent.

Spyder, Raiken, and I bonded over the fact that all three of us came from gay households.

"I had a low-key fall out with Spyder earlier." I said bluntly. Raiken was the kind of person who you could come up to and start talking without the need of any salutations or formalities.

His eyebrows furrowed, accentuating his dark brown eyes. "About what, exactly?"

"The note that was in Kent's locker. He wrote it." I wasn't surprised that Raiken wasn't surprised. In fact, I came to talk to him specifically because he always knew what was going on. Secrets were the Reds' thing, and Raiken Red was no exception.

"I swear I tried convincing him not to do it. He just wouldn't budge," I didn't doubt that he did, but I couldn't help but be somewhat disappointed. "You know how stubborn he can be."

"Oh I know." I kicked a pebble from the way. "I just don't understand why would he do this."

"I think he's a better person to ask that question to."

"Believe me, I tried."

"I think he's just jealous of you devoting most of your time to Kent," Spyder said the same thing, "but I don't think that's enough to get Spyder to do such a thing."

"You think there's more to it?" I knew there was more to it.

He combed back his curls with his hand, something he did when he was hiding something. He did that a lot, just saying.

"I think you should talk things out with Spyder, then maybe you'll reach the core of the issue."

"You're right," I didn't want to grill him on the subject any further, considering he had nothing to do with it. Well, as far as I knew. "Thanks for the talk, Rai."

"Rai's my dad," He didn't like being called Rai. "It's Raik." I had to laugh at his frustration.

"Okay, Raik. I'll see you at school tomorrow."

He was confused. "We don't have school tomorrow. It's Ap-Pear day." I didn't realise it was the February first tomorrow. February first was Ap-Pear day, where the first pears of the season are usually visible. It was dumb, but seeing as Pears were our state's national fruit, they made it a holiday.

"I completely forgot about it. Guess I'll see you Monday."

"Laters."

I made my way out of the Reds' mansion as quickly as possible. I rushed home and went straight to my bedroom. Since we didn't go back to school until Monday, I emptied my gym bag in the laundry basket.

Something was odd. There were two jerseys instead of one. Mine and the one I gave Kent. I grabbed it to examine it when I noticed a note protruding out of the left pocket.

Ugh, enough notes, I thought.

However, this note was different. This was Kent's handwriting and it was heartbreaking.

It no longer smells like you.

A/N: I finally managed to finsih this chapter. More will come soon. How much is soon? I don't know. I'm gonna need some time to fix up my fuck ups, so hopefully, soon.

If you're enjoying the book make sure to vote and comment your opinions. Thank you for reading x.