Chapter one- the beggining

'You're pathetic amber! you were nothing before I met you, and you'll be no one if you leave, and if you do

'You're pathetic amber! you were nothing before I met you, and you'll be no one if you leave, and if you do... I'll find you....and the day I do" he paused for a second, a wide smirk playing on his lips as his eyes darkened "... you'll wish you were never born "

I woke up screaming, my heart beating rapidly through my chest. ' it was just a dream ', i thought to myself , as my nerves began to subside.

I'd had the same dream every time since I left him and went to the big city. I was scared he'd find me... what would happen to me if he did?

But it was 2 years since that time and he probably replaced me with some young bimbo by now ... classy I know.

Regardless if he cared for me now, he still was the shadow in my dreams that infected my sleep.

I dragged myself out of bed, making my way to the sink,slowly washing the beads of sweat that had gathered on my forehead away. I took the time to glance at myself in the mirror. I mentally winced. My hair was matted, mascara had taken the time to kindly remove itself... all down my face and all in all I looked like the female gremlin itself . Great.

Trudging back to my nightstand I observed the time, thinking I had time to relax.

' shit...shit...shit.. it's 8:30pm and I agreed to meet Serena at 9:00pm, god I hate 'power naps'' , I slapped myself and ran to the bathroom, attempting to get ready for the night ahead....

Rushed and still in a state of drowsiness I practically threw the makeup onto my face, applying a bold wing of eyeliner and a red lip. It looked a bit sloppy, but I'm sure I could pass it off.

Next was outfit. Attempting to find anything that wouldn't clash, my eyes settled on a red, fitted bodycon dress... ' It would do' it thought. I began Slipping it on along with matching red heels and some accessories.

 I began Slipping it on along with matching red heels and some accessories

I gave myself a once over and mentally aprooved... ' eh alright I guess'. The dress seemed to hit in all the right places and was flattering for my shape. I was surprised I could actually see curves in the outline of the fabric... considering I'm basically the shape of a rectangle.

My moment of triumph was quickly squashed as I realized time was moving on and I still hadn't left the house.

Wasting not time, I bolted out the door and waved the nearest cab showing him the address, praying he would get there on time.It's only a club, but Serena really doesn't like late people.

As I gazed out the window, I was happy out of all the places I ran too it was New York City. It was so beautiful and I never felt alone . I glanced at my phone and too my surprise I wasn't actually going to be as late as I thought I was only 5 minuets or so... for a quick turn around I think I did a pretty good job.

The cab arrived shortly after. I handed the guy a $20 bill and got out the car simply smiling "keep the change "

"You have a good night miss", the man retorted and soon he was gone.

I was greeted at the club by Serena. She looked amazing, like a gazelle in fact. Her dirt blonde hair, tussled in front of her face, showing off her smoky eye and bold lip. She wore a black lace dress that really showed off her physique, she looked good and everyone else thought so.

Serena got a lot of attention from guys... not always the best ones, but people either loved her or hated her . She could give off a bitchy vibe, but she honestly was a load of fun and people just needed to get to know her.

You would think as her best friend I would be Jealous from time to time of her male attention ... but honestly considering my history in men, I really wasn't that bothered.

"Hey A, Ive honestly missed you so much, you look hot mama.. I almost thought you weren't coming for a second " she laughed
" you don't look so bad yourself and Really, i saw you like yesterday and plus I can't help New York traffic... but hey I missed you too."

Without further complaint we walked smoothly into the club and began the start to a hopefully eventful night.

Xzavier POV:

Stabbing him for the last time, I saw his body take a shade of pale Grey, before he took his last breath, and slumped into the chair. He was dead.

I hope he enjoyed the last few months of his life. Considering I had payed for it. Snorting my drugs, expecting no payment to be demanded. Are people really that stupid ? You would think people had the common sense , especially when dealing with the mafia, but no... people either threatened to tell the police, or wouldn't pay up. Either way it would end up with there dead body in this chair.

I needed a night off. Everything was a bore and Even though my life was nothing short of uneventful. I hadn't found anything fun.

Taking a hot shower I allowed all the blood to break apart from my skin and leave me as a blank canvas, one that didn't have that assholes remains on me.

I changed into casual clothes, styled my hair etc and hopped into my car and drove to the club.

End of chapter ~

Hey be careful what you wish for amber,what do you guys think will happen next? I might slide in a chapter About the mysterious Xzavier but we shall see.

Hope you guys enjoyed this chapter, feel free to leave any suggestions on what to happen next ❤️❤️