Chapter 36

A few hours later, Rye enters the hospital.
Rye: "Have you heard anything?"
Brooklyn: "No...nothing...she's in surgery we think but no ones said anything..."
Rye: "Rose and Gideon are at the station, Quilo is questioning them now, they are looking at a big sentence..."
Andy: "That's some good news I guess..."
Rye: "Also, you Mum, step Dad and sister is coming soon, I rang them, they'll be here by tonight."
Brooklyn: "Okay, thank you...did you tell them what happened?"
Rye: "I just said that she's hospital, I said you'd explain the rest, I mean I know that's not fair to put that on you but it'll be easier coming from you..."
Brooklyn: "It's okay, I get it."
Andy: "They don't know about me and Hazel...do you want me to go while they're here?"
Brooklyn: "No, don't be stupid! I know you need to be here and I know she needs you by her side when she wakes up."
Andy: "Thank you."
Rye: "Right, I'm going to go, make sure you guys get something to eat, call me if anything happens."
Brooklyn: "Okay, bye."
Rye leaves and then suddenly, a doctor walks towards us.
Doctor: "Sorry for the wait guys, we sent her in for surgery, a lobectomy to be specific, due to damage in her right lung. So far, it's successful and at this rate, she'll be out of surgery soon and she will be awake by at least tomorrow morning. After that, we will have to do a few tests because she's pretty beaten up, she may have a few broken bones but we'll sort that when it comes to it. Any questions?"
Brooklyn: "When will we be able to see her?"
Doctor: "As soon as she gets out of surgery."
Brooklyn: "Okay, thank you."
Doctor: "I'll be back soon."
Andy: "Thanks..."
He walks away.
Brooklyn: "What do you think they did to her?"
Andy: "I don't know and I don't think it's best that we ever ask her, she probably doesn't want to open up about that..."
Brooklyn: "Yeah, you're right."

About an hour later, the door comes and gets us.
Doctor: "She's out of surgery, you can come and see her."
He leads us down a few long corridors and into a room. She is lay they're on the bed with a breathing mask on. She looks dead. God I hate hospitals...
Doctor: "I'll be back soon, shout me if you need anything."
There is a chair at either side of the bed. I sit down, pulling it a bit closer, then I hold her hand.

Half an hour later, the doctor came back in.
Doctor: "We are going to take her in for a full body x-ray, we will be back soon."
They wheel her out and disappear for ten minutes then come back in with her. They then come back in another ten minutes with results.
Doctor: "She has three broken ribs and the other ones are badly bruised, her right leg is broken in four place and her left in three places. She lost a lot of blood from the cut on her thigh but she shouldn't have any major damage from that. We also was notified by the police to do a sexual assault testing kit, that came out positive and from that rape, there is a lot of bruising. The rest of her cute and bruises will heal soon and oh, also she has slight concussion but on the bright side, she will be awake very soon."