Chapter 26

Chapter 26

Amelia

After six months...

I was hastily getting ready to the college. I gulped down my breakfast like a cow and was about to hop in my car when something clicked inside me. Oops, I had to take the signature of Aiden on the 'no objection' certificate to leave for the industrial tour to New York along with my fellow friends. It is only a week program but I am still sceptical if Aiden would sign on the document. The last time I behaved naughty, which I wouldn't wish to recall he was like an angry monster and exempted me from all the outstation tours.

I had planned on doing some makeover with Aiden this time but completely forgot about it. Today he left early for the office and shit! I had to reach his propertied studio to obtain his signatures. Somehow now I feel quite tense about doing the task. This is the first time I would be going to his workplace. It has been six years since I have stayed with Aiden but never been to his office earlier.

I am dressed in my casual attire putting on a corset sea green floral embroidered top with black jeans. My black hair was freely flowing in loose curls to my waist. I was not putting on much makeup except for nude lipstick and a little bit of eyeliner. After checking myself in the mirror, to conclude I was looking presentable, I carried the document where I had to take his signature and skipped into my car, Bugatti Veyron which was presented by Aiden on my last birthday.

My car halted in front of a stylish-looking skyscraper on the top of which was written by Gregory Group of Companies in bold letters. I was galvanized looking at the high-rise building and stepped into the grand foyer in awe. The ingress of the building screamed opulent. The reception room was adorned with furniture made of African Blackwood. In the center was a huge glass table with a crystal flower vase ornamenting it. The long colored walls were embellished with expensive showpieces. The supremacy of the superstructure was reflected in every corner of the gigantic hall.

In one corner of the pricey hall was a reception desk. A girl in her twenties caked with make-up was present busy talking to someone on the telephone. I tapped my fingers on the desk to grab her attention when she raised her head to look at me. "Excuse me can I meet Mr Aiden Gregory Pascal?" She looked at me as if I had grown two heads and spoke in an irritated voice. "You need to book your reservation with a six-month prior request to the company's general manager before meeting Germany's top billionaire, an unequaled entrepreneur, and CEO of Gregory Group of Industries. She eyes me in disgust looking at me from top to bottom as though I am some kind of trash from a trash bin and continues her little speech "You will be deemed lucky if he gives an appointment to a simple, untutored college student like you."

I raise both my eyebrows quite flustered by her answer. But before I could answer, a lady in her forties came to deliver her some documents and was taken aback looking at me. She quickly pulled the receptionist to the other side of the table and whispered some fierce words into her ear when the girl's blood drained out of her body.

Mumbling a quick apology in her overly sweet voice the middle-aged lady asked me to follow her. Before I could reach the lift the receptionist staggered in her steps and rained apols to me begging me to hold her job. I nod my head to her relief and skip into the lift.

I was playing with my fingers looking at the red and green neon numbers. When the lift reached the 17th floor, it came to a halt. The lady beside me invited me into the impressive porch. She asked me to take a seat on one of the sofas in the reception area. On the ceiling was hanging a huge chandelier placed at the center. At one corner of the place was a big refrigerator. On the top shelf, it contained bakery stuff like croissants, pastries of different varieties, cakes, and desserts. Below that were cold drinks, beers, and juices.

My mouth watered looking at the deliciously attracting eatables. As I did not have a proper breakfast in the morning, I took one of my favorite cakes from the cold storage and began to feast on my taste buds. The middle-aged lady, probably his receptionist came to me with a glass of water and plastered an overly pleasing artificial smile on the lips. She asked me if I would like to have any beverages. When I shook my head, my eyes were captivated by a walking Apollo in front of me.

The door of the adjacent room abruptly opened. He was dressed in a grey suit with a crisp white dress shirt underneath and a complimenting red tie. The beautiful brown orbs were honed like a piercing knife radiating a distinct cold exterior. His neck was held high reflecting power as his long legs took swift, dominant strides reigning authority. Four people were stuttering around him trying to match his pace. One was probably his secretary. Her face was cherry red probably because of the tensed aura he generated around him. Aiden was giving instructions to her about the forthcoming company's expansions, and she had difficulty trying to write down every detail of his extensive orders. The other three were men waiting for his attention, walking in a queue. Ahead of all is an old man in his grey hair. Once he gets the chance to speak after the secretary leaves, he requests Aiden to grant him a little more time probably to complete his project. The other two were still unfortunate, waiting for a chance to speak.

I noticed how different Aiden was from the outside world. Behind the menacing, unfeeling male is an affectionate, soft-hearted gentleman which no one knew. He quickly swings open the cabin door when his gaze accidentally falls on me. Within seconds his sharp exterior shifts into gracious patrician. His lips which were pasted together in a thin line slowly move upwards and change into an enigmatic smile. The people around look at him in complete shock and follow his eyes to look at me to exhale a breath of relief. Do I have such an effect on him? But unfortunately, it was short-lived. He looks back to his secretary and comes back to his cold exterior demanding answers. "How long had she been here? Don't you know you have to inform me when she is waiting here for a while?" Before he bombards angry questions on his poor secretary making her more anxious, I quickly step in "I told her not to disturb you." He takes hold of my small hand still in his emotionless face and pulls me inside his office. Before entering the room he tips his head out and holds out his finger to his secretary "Don't disturb me as long as my fiancée will be in the office." The receptionist nodded sternly and voiced "Yes sir" more than sure of anything. The people around who were lining up outside his room for his recognition quickly dispersed cautious of not invoking his black eye.

He took a seat behind his desk on his black leather chair and pressed a button on his remote when the door got locked. He then looks at me with a cheerful smile and pulls me into his lap. "What brought you here today little girl?" He speaks to me endearingly in his soft voice nibbling on my fluffy cheeks. I put the document on his desk and waited for his response with my fingers crossed.

Will I be able to obtain permission from him to go or will I be invoking the sleeping monster inside him? The churning thought in my mind brought me into dripping sweat even though the air conditioning in the room was completely high.