Chapter 20

Chapter 20

Amelia

"Hi, are you ready Rachel?" I asked my 'would-be' sister-in-law and my best friend too excited to leave for the pub. Aiden's mom is out of the station. She went to visit her sister as she was sick. So we are on a free ticket 24/7. The house as usual turned upside down because of our superfine neatness skills with clothes spread here and there and books sprawled everywhere starting from the living room sofa to the closet in the bedroom. Though I and Rachel are grown up now, we become the same naughty muddle when joined together. I look around the house and think of Aiden. He would be furious once he stepped foot into this house. Both of us will be lined up by the next moment with a lecture on tidying art and orderliness for the next half an hour. I shake my head with a smile thinking about his boiling face. I miss my big man so much.

We underwent a lot of shopping and I bought the sexiest wear for today's pub program. For a change, I want to go all rough. I would never get a chance to put on something sexy around Aiden. I told Rachel about my crazy love for Aiden and she was too excited to hear about the breaking news. "I am lucky that my sister-in-law is my best friend." She squeaks in excitement hugging me simultaneously. Aiden's mom was equally happy in giving me a heartfelt embrace. She immediately went to her room and returned within a few minutes placing a rectangular box in my hand. I opened it and my jaw dropped looking at the most elegant ruby cum diamond necklace in my hands. The matching studs and a bracelet complemented its beauty. "This is for my daughter-in-law who has been a mark of our family legacy for a long time." She mentioned to me in joy. My eyes drizzled in happiness and I hugged my mom-in-law tight. All these years I have spent the life of an orphan without my parents. But now I feel I am complete with the world's best mom and sister.

After my huge confession, Rachel had her share of surprises to offer. She held up her hand to me to show her ring. "I and Adrian are now together." She shrieked in excitement. Both of us congratulated each other blithely and went on a full mode shopping.

Present...

"How do I look in this dress?" I posed seductively in front of Rachel. It was a mid-thigh lacy pink dress. I put on a matching bracelet and gold sandals to give it a modish look. She examined me from top to bottom and a slow cum sure smile crossed her face. She hugged me tight and screeched in joy "You look awesome." And both of us ride to one of the pubs her fiancée owns.

Aiden

I came to my parent's home with a lot of excitement in anticipation of seeing my little girl after days of longing. I wanted to give her a surprise so I did not inform her of my arrival. But the house was empty to my utter dismay. My mother called me two days back and informed me of her visit to Aunt Kaya's house. But I wonder what happened to Amilia and Rachel. I asked one of the housekeepers in the house about my sister and Amilia and got the shock of my life.

I immediately called Amilia's security to confirm her safety. Slumped on the living room sofa, my head throbbed intolerably. I rested my elbows over my knees with my head held in between my hands. After a few minutes, I hear the sound of the front door opening. I raise my head out of my tired hands and look at the person walking in front of me. Amilia's steps were unsteady. Richard, one of her securities is holding her firmly around her waist helping her to walk. My eyes couldn't hold the scene in front of me. I fell completely blank staring at her. A black coat covered her bust area and the dress was incredibly small giving me a feeling of distaste. "Hi," she says looking at me and giggling "You look three" and her eyes droop making her unconscious. I pull her out of Robert's hands and secure her in my arms. "Where is Rachel?" was all I could speak questioning Robert. "Mr. Adrian is taking care of her" was his simple answer. Here was another point screaming for my attention. I thought. But for the present, I had no more energy to argue and reprimand answers from Robert.

Carrying Amilia in my arms my mind and body became numb looking down at her drunken state. I had no words to speak. I silently carried her to the bedroom and unzipped her deplorable dress to change her into a comfortable nightwear. She mumbled some meaningless words feeling drowsy. "Sleep" was all I could say to her looking down at her decrying physical state.

Laying beside me, I keep a watch on her for the whole night. In the wee hours of the next day morning, she gets up all of a sudden and rushes to the washroom puking her guts out into the toilet. I rush behind her holding her hair back and helping her in the process. After she finishes her job she cleans her mouth and looks beside me completely startled. Her face turned tomato red in delinquency for all the unexplainable exercise she hosted. "Sleep for the present but for tomorrow," I halt for a second assessing her. "You are going to speak about everything immediately after you get up." I summon her.

"Oh God, I am completely booked." I hear her mumble in her breath.