Chapter 81

I walk to the lounge where I see Sarah holding a sleeping Saffron in her hands and she puts her index finger over her lip. I sit down quietly and Sarah leaves to put Saffron down while I sit there watching television. She comes back down and immediately pulls me into a hug and I can feel her hesitation because of how skinny I've gotten.

She pulls back and I lay my head on her chest falling asleep at the comfort of my sister.

I wake up to someone shaking me awake and I see my mom smiling down at me.

"Come, dinners ready." She says and I yawn waking myself up even though I had a dreamless sleep.

"I'm coming just now, let me just freshen up." I say to my mom and she nods her head leaving the bedroom.

I quickly go the bathroom where I fix my beanie and I quickly pour some water on my face. I dry myself up and I walk out to the dinning table where everyone is waiting for me.

"Sorry that I took long." I smile at them.

"It's not a problem dear." Zions dad says as Zion stands up to pull the chair out for me.

I sit comfortably and we say grace before we eat. Since all of the dishes were too heavy for me to carry, Zion suggested that he dishes up for me and I didn't oblige to that. He quickly puts the food onto my plate and he does the same to mine. As we eat dinner we continue the chatter around us and we enjoy our time together. Our last time together.

I had figured out that this whole dinner thing was because it was most probably going to be our last dinner. It was a way of us saying goodbye to one another and I had welcomed it. I look around to see my family eating and I smile at each and one of them talking while they try to keep their table manners. I smile at my 'in laws' and I feel something flutter in my stomach. It was pure happiness.

I smile to myself and I continue eating the small portion of food because I wanted to leave some space to have dessert even though I wasn't allowed to. A little junk won't hurt right? They take the dishes away and they bring out new dishes for the dessert along with ice cream.

"I made the cheesecake so you're going to have to be a good girlfriend and taste it." He smiles and I nod my head.

He cuts a piece for me and he puts it on my plate waiting for me to take a bite. I take one bite and I close my eyes savoring the taste.

"This is amazing!" I squeal having another bite.

"I have to agree with you there. Zion makes the best cheesecake." his mom says taking a slice of her own.

"Personally I'm a fan of refrigerated cheesecake, but this baked cheesecake is making it hard for me to having it refrigerated." I joke and she chuckles nodding her head.

I see Zion looking down at his bowl of ice cream and I nudge him.

"What's wrong?" I ask him in a whisper.

"I don't like it when you make jokes about life because you could literally drop dead anytime. You're supposed to be in hospital Amelia." He whispers sadly to me.

"I'm sorry. I'll stop." I say sincerely and he continues eating his ice cream but I can see that he's upset.

"So Zion, who taught you how to make this amazing cheesecake?" Justin asks and I smile at him thankfully.

"My granny, we used to help her a lot around the kitchen when we were younger." He smiles.

That statement had led to stories of the Jones kids from when they were younger and we enjoyed our time together. As soon as the dishes were done and the kitchen floors were done, we all went to the bedrooms we had slept in the last time. I bid everyone goodnight as I am followed by my mom and Zion.

"Let me run you a bath." She says and I nod my head eagerly.

She lets the water run but she quickly walks out of the bedroom and comes back with a bag filled with oils.

"This will help you sleep well tonight. I can tell that you're exhausted." She smiles pouring a little bit of the oils inside.

As soon as it's safe to get into the water, I get in and sigh in pleasure. I sit for another twenty minutes before I quickly wash my face and my body and I dry myself up and I walk into the bedroom with a towel. My mom walks in and tells me to lay on the bed while she rubs my body with the oils.

"I like this tattoo." She says tracing my rose tattoo that's on my chest.

"It's beautiful." She says finishing up.

As soon as she's done, she bids me goodnight while she gives me a kiss on the forehead and I smile at her walking out. Zion comes back into the room a few minutes after I've bathed and he quickly changes into pajamas from his closet. Later he joins me in the bed and I go closer to him hugging his waist.

"I love you so much Zion." I tell him.

"I love you more Amelia." He says and I can tell that he's thinking quite a lot since he said my name.

"Let's sleep." He says and I nod my head.

I quickly fall asleep to the sound of his beating heart.

• • •
-Fifiloe

Please don't forget to vote 🙈

06/07/18