Chapter 2

Deceived Heart

Amelia's POV :

"Amelia , wake up ." My mom wakes me up a bit earlier than usual and I groan .

"You said you wanted this , so we're giving you what you want ." She sits on top of the bed .

"I didn't expect to be woken up at freaking six thirty in the morning ." I groan rubbing my eyes .

"Get ready so that I can drop you off at school ." She smiles walking out of my bedroom .

I get out of my warm bed and into the cold air where I walk into the bathroom deciding on taking a shower . I turn the water to hot and get in taking a quick shower . I stand in front of the mirror and I take a good look at myself . I look at my naked body from my caramel skin to my brown eyes . I snap out of it and I quickly brush my teeth , as soon as I'm done in the bathroom I walk into my closet where I put lotion and find an outfit .

I decide on a pair of black jeans , a black long sleeve top , my black sneakers and a light blue jacket . I comb my curled hair down leaving the brown highlights in view .

"Em are you ready ?" My mother asks walking into the room.

"Yeah mom , let me just fix the bed then I'll be down in a second ." I tell her walking to my bed where I fix it which wasn't really much but I hate leaving my room a mess .

I grab my bag and take a look around my room leaving it and walking downstairs where I see my mom making two sandwiches .

"Okay , you cannot skip your pills Amelia , you'll have breakfast with me every morning and I trust you will eat your lunch and take your required pills ." She says handing me my breakfast and lunch .

"Don't worry mom ." I groan walking out of the house and into the car .

I unwrap my sandwich taking a bite into the delicious food .

"Where's dad ?" I ask mom once she enters the car .

"He's got a business trip , he'll be back in three days so it's just us for now ." She smiles bringing the car to life and driving off .

As soon as I'm done with my food I take my pills and sit in the silent car . I contemplate on how I'm going to do this because of the argument I had with mom and dad but they eventually gave in with of course Doctor May's input . The car stops and I look at the school with students flooding into the doors .

"Well we're here ." Mom chuckles nervously .

"Mom , don't worry . I've set an alarm for half past twelve to take my pills and I know to always drink water , never run to class and I've got my printed letters in the bag ." I calm her down with my words .

"Okay Amelia , send me a message if you need anything ." She smiles .

"No problem . Bye mom ." I kiss her check and walk out of the door breathing in the dirty air of Greenwood High .

"If it's not my heart killing me , then it's definitely the air here ." I mutter to myself .

I walk into the doors heading straight for the office . I wait for the line to finish and the lady in front smiles at me .