Chapter 4

Deceived Heart

Amelia's POV :

"So when exactly does our adventure start ?" I ask Tyler as he walks me to my locker .

"After my football practice ." He says opening my locker and grabbing my two textbooks from it .

"I can hold them ." I offer and he shakes his head .

"So isn't there like a mean girl of the school who is going to want to bully me for hanging out with the hottest boy in school ?" I whisper seriously which makes Tyler laugh .

"You think I'm hot ?" He smirks .

"I would be lying if I said you weren't hot so yeah I find you hot ." I chuckle .

"Well we do have one of those in the school but she knows that I don't like her so she won't bother you ." He shrugs .

"This is so cliché. The new girl hanging out with the cool guy ." I laugh .

"You and your damn books ." He shakes his head .

"It's true and you know it ." I say walking into my Biology class .

"What ? Do you think we're going to fall in love and all those stuff ?" He asks taking a seat .

"I could never fall in love with you , I'm dying and I don't have a heart ." I chuckle and I see his eyes turn a shade darker .

"So you're saying that you're incapable of love ?" He asks turning in his seat .

"That is correct ." I state .

"Okay Amelia ." He smiles .

"It's Em ." I look at him with narrowed eyes .

"It's Amelia to me ." He smirks and Mr Clifton enters the class and starts teaching .

The whole lesson I take notes again to which I understand . I eventually catch up with what they are doing and I would honestly be lying if I said that this subject wasn't cool . The bell rings signaling the end of the lesson so I pack up and on my way to the door Mr Clifton calls me .

"Hey , just wait outside please ?" I ask Tyler and he nods his head .

"I heard about what happened , are you alright ?" He asks me looking a bit concerned .

"Yes Mr Clifton , thank you ." I smile

"It's Andrew but I shouldn't keep you . I'll see you later ." He smiles ending the conversation .

I walk out of the class and I dread the stairs I'm about to walk up . Tyler signals for me to go to him so I walk over to him .

"What did Cliff want ?" Tyler asks as soon as I reach him .

"He heard about what happened yesterday so he was asking if I was alright ." I shrug .

"Okay , get on my back ." Tyler says squatting a bit .

"Why ?" I ask looking around .