"Unfortunately, I was rather focused on getting myself together—"

"You spent two and a half months in California without meeting any hot girl or boy?" Theo gaped at her. "Lillian Euphemia!"

"I tell her that everyday and she doesn't listen!" Pansy agreed. "Her love life is the most anticlimactic thing I've ever heard."

        "Hey!" Effie swatted Pansy's thigh. "Why don't we find you a nice blond to make out with, now?"

        "Yeah, no thanks," Pansy rolled her eyes. "You'll do. How about redheads—ow!"

Effie ignores her yelp with an amused smirk, glancing down at her watch. "Oh look, Pans! Don't you think it's time for you to go to the Prefect Carriage?"

Pansy rolled her eyes, pulling Effie to a stand as well. "I hate you."

"Where are you taking me?"

"Maybe they won't mind if you tag along—"

       "Absolutely not," Effie frowned as she stopped Pansy in the hallway from dragging her. "I'll try to find Ginny and see if she had done her homework for World Literature. Then I'll make you a copy."

Pansy paled in realization that she hadn't done homework at all, before beaming at Effie. "This is why you're my wife. I'll see you later then?"

Effie gave her a small smile, before going off on her own. She scanned the windows of the compartments subtly as she passed by, finally stopping when she sees Potter on his own—with Neville, Luna, and of course, Ginny.

She quietly slid the door open, leaning against the door way just as Neville spoke hurriedly, "—I'm nobody."

"No, you're not," She and Ginny spoke together, causing the others to jump when they notice her presence. The tips of Ginny's ears redden, quickly scrambling over to make space for Effie to sit in. Potter snorted when he noticed.

"Neville Longbottom," Ginny introduced him to Luna, and tucked some of her hair behind her ear as she glanced at Effie. "She's Effie Stark—you already know her. Luna Lovegood," Ginny continued. "Luna's in my year, but in Ravenclaw. Effie, sit down."

"Yes, ma'am," Effie snorts, sitting down beside the redhead. She ignores the way her heart suddenly flutters—what. . . what on earth?

"Wit beyond measure is man's greatest treasure," Luna said in a singsong voice. She raised her upside-down magazine high enough to hide her face and fell silent. Potter and Neville looked at each other with their eyebrows raised. Ginny suppressed a giggle as Effie pursed her lips in amusement.

"I'm surprised Pansy hasn't dragged you to the Prefect Carriage yet," Ginny raised an eyebrow at Effie.

"Oh, she nearly did,"

"And she willingly let you go?"

"No, I reminded her about the World Literature homework that she never did," Effie commented. "And I said I would make her a copy, but I've already gone ahead of that."