015 : malamente

Beginne am Anfang

❝ so guys . . . just dropped off scarlett at the airport so she can do some work for the album. all alone in cleveland again and stuck making myself rubbish dinners ! but , you know , i can focus on . . . work ❞

tomholland2013 — just now

SCARLETT WAS WITH ZENDAYA AND VICTORIA AFTER JUST TOUCHING DOWN IN LA ON A CALM THURSDAY EVENING. The sky was just beginning to hue into a pinky orange to signify the start of the night life on the edge of the west coast of the United States. Scarlett was here to record the last of her songs to finish off her album — that's if any last minute songs wouldn't be recorded ( and knowing Scarlett, she most definitely will ). But for now, the album was coming together.

"You look so much happier with Tom in Cleveland, Scarlett!" Zendaya pouts as she sees a less than smiley, clappy singer leaving the airport to do some vital work for the third album. By God she spent the most wonderful time with Tom, it saddens her to think that she had to be away from him. But she'd have to get used to it with both their busy schedules.

Scarlett chuckles at Zendaya, covering her mouth as giggles erupted from it like a desperate rant. "I'm bloody happy, love, but I can certainly be happier." She says, a seemed surprise by her best friends, who raise their eyebrows at the remark, their faces just dying to know why Scarlett needed more happiness in her life.

"Well, I for one have really enjoyed all my making up time with Tom, and I'm genuinely loving him more and more everyday. But my family aren't in my life right now. That hurts like a bitch! Imagine being almost best friends with your older sister and fastforward a year feeling like it'd be better off to cut her off!" Scarlett rambles, and Zendaya sighs, nodding understandingly. Nobody can imagine the pain when it comes to choosing to lose your family.

Victoria wraps an arm around Scarlett's shoulder, her head digging into her collarbone in sympathy. "Sometimes that's life, boo. You win some, you lose some."

"But you should never have to win or lose your own family. They should just be a constant support for you." Scarlett retorts, the tears welling up inside her eyes as she fights them as best as she can, but the memory of the Holland's and Cabello's all trying to tell Scarlett and Tom that they should get divorced too overwhelming for her.

"What about Tom's family? Have they tried to reason with Joan, Camila and Ed?" Zendaya tries to ask, but Scarlett sighs at the other memory from the day the two families joined together.

"They were on my mum's side. They thought it was irrational, and they think there's going to be a repeat of what happened with Theo, so Tom did the same thing I did." Scarlett frowns, staring at the floor to make sure she doesn't bawl there and then.

"Oh no, how does he feel?" Victoria asks.

"Awful. He's great in the day, we both are, we kinda just get on with our day and run around eachother and work. But at night, he usually texts the family groupchat how his day was and says goodnight to them. The only person he does that too now is Pads, and it's only because Nikki didn't tell him that her own son cut her off." Scarlett wipes her tears, catching the tears that managed to escape her fight, and Zendaya and Victoria clutch their friend like they'd never do it again, because Scarlett sure as hell needed it more than anything.

"And what about you? Not gonna lie, Scarlett, I don't think you really addressed your trauma from Theo while you were away. You avoided them, we all know that." Zendaya sighs, her chin resting on top of Scarlett's head, and a sore daily routine is finally brought up to Scarlett, knowing she couldn't handle hiding it anymore. Her fairytale romance with Tom had it's many flaws, and still does.