Epilogue

"You know, and thank you by the way. For listening. Plus, something about just getting it off my chest, and putting it out there in the atmosphere, instead of holding this in. . . I mean, this is what gets people sick, you know," Tony said, not noticing that the very people he thought were listening to his story were actually passed out on the couch.

Emily had her head rested against Bruce's shoulder while the two had their hands clasped together. As for Maya, she was lying across the couple's laps and all three of them were asleep.

"Wow, I had no idea you were such a good listener. To be able to share all my intimate thoughts and my experiences with someone, it just cuts the weight of it in half. You know, it's like a snake swallowing its own tail. Everything comes full circle," Tony told them.

It was only when Bruce dropped the pen he had been holding in one hand that he sprung awake causing both Emily and Maya to wake up almost instantly. All three of them jolted away and they looked around confused before realizing what was going on.

"And the fact that you three have been able to help me process. . ." Tony began as he looked to them, but he fell silent when he saw them all trying to run the sleepiness from their eyes.

"Are you with me?" Tony asked. "Sorry. . .I was, yeah," Bruce told him. "We were at, uh. . ." Emily tried to say, but she fell quiet. Bruce, Emily, and Maya all looked to each other before wincing once they realized they had lost track of where they were when they fell asleep.

"Were you three actively napping?" Tony asked. "We were. . .We. . ." Bruce began to stutter. "We drifted," Maya said. Bruce and Emily both nodded. "Yep, drifted," Emily said.

"Where did I lose you?" Tony asked. "Elevator in Switzerland," Bruce said before the other two nodded in agreement. Tony gave them a look. "So, you heard none of it," he said.

"I'm sorry. Emily and I. . .we are not those kinds of doctors," Bruce told him. "We're not therapists. It's not my training."

"So?" Tony questioned. "We don't have the. . ." Emily began. "What? The time? I know you have the wedding, but come on. We're friends and I need your help," Tony said. "Temperament," Bruce corrected him.

Tony's eyes flickered over to Maya. "And you?" He questioned. "I already lived it," Maya reminded him. Tony just gave her a look to which she returned with a sheepish smile.

Tony looked between the three before letting out a small gasp. "You know what? Now that I think about it. . .Oh! God, my original wound. 1983, all right?" Tony asked.

"Yes," Bruce muttered. "I'm 14 years old," Tony said while both Maya and Emily let out small groans. Maya leaned her forehead against Bruce's arm while Emily laid her head back down and closed her eyes. Bruce looked at his fiancé and smiled softly before kissing her head to which she responded with a small hum.

Tony was oblivious to all of this and continued to ramble. "I still have a nanny," Tony told them as he looked off in a daze.

"That was weird."

- - -

and that is officially the end of Broken! after I finish End of the Day (the second book oh my Thor Odinson series) and write both the second book to Captain's Girl (Steve Rogers) and start working on a Guardians of the Galaxy (with Peter Quill as the love interest) book, you all will get to see our precious Maya again as she teams up with the Avengers once again in Age of Ultron!

in the mean time, make sure to keep up with my other books so that you know what will be going on!

this book will not be marked as complete until I post one more update marking the release of the Age of Ultron book, so make sure to keep this in your library!

I love you all and thank you so much for all of your support and for sticking with me and Maya!

love you all!
-K