3

"He said he would be here," Maya whispered confidently as she sat on the stairs of the university. It was now Friday and her class had ended fifteen minutes ago. There was still no sign of Tony, but Maya knew he would be here. He said he would.

Ten more minutes passed and Maya frowned slightly. "Of course," she muttered. She waited a few more minutes and when there was still no sign of her father, Maya sighed. She checked the time on her watch before shaking her head and standing up.

A little part of her had felt like he wouldn't show up, so Maya was thankful for the fact that she had put her rocket boots on before leaving the house that morning. She made her way down the rest of the stairs and was just about to take off when a voice spoke up from behind her.

"Woah, giving up on me already?" Tony asked from behind her as the sound of his suit hitting the ground filled the air. Maya didn't turn and instead crossed her arms. "Well, I have been waiting for thirty minutes now. I thought you weren't coming," Maya admitted, her shoulders slumping slightly.

There was a moment of silence. "Well you thought wrong," Tony finally said. Maya smiled before turning to look at her father who was in his Iron Man suit. She walked over to him and titled her head in curiosity. "Why'd you bring the suit? I was expecting a car," Maya told him.

Tony picked her up and shrugged. "The suit's more convenient. Now hold on tight," he told her. Maya grabbed ahold of him and Tony quickly took off. They were home within a matter of minutes and Maya let out a small laugh at the sight of a giant stuffed rabbit sitting in front of the house. It was huge and there was no way that thing was going to make it through the door.

The two landed on the ground and Tony set her down. "What's that?" Maya asked in amusement as she pointed towards the rabbit. "Pepper's Christmas gift," Tony told her. His head turned to her and titled to the side slightly. "Want to see yours?" He asked.

Maya smiled and looked at him. "What is it? A giant stuffed frog?" Maya asked. Tony let out a chuckle as he ruffled her hair with the suit. "Sadly, no," Tony told her. "That sucks. I kind of like the idea of a giant stuffed frog," Maya muttered as she followed her father into the house.

He was still wearing his suit, but Maya didn't think much of it. "You'll like this better. Trust me," Tony told her as he walked down a hallway that Maya had never been down. She looked around as they made their way down to the last door at the end of the hall.

He turned to her before looking back at the door and throwing it open. Maya's eyes widened at the sight before her and she could practically hear the smirk on Tony's face. "Welcome to your very own music studio, kid," he said.

Maya walked inside with her mouth hanging open in shock. There was a recording studio towards the back of the room and practically any instrument she could even think about the playing. One of the walls was even decked out in different records while a record player sat on a table nearby.

"You're kidding me!" Maya exclaimed as she turned to her father. "Not at all," he said with a shake of his head. "Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!" Maya exclaimed as she raced over to him. She was expecting him to get out of the suit so she could hug him, but he only gave her a small pat on the head and remained inside the suit.

"Why don't you play a song for me?" Tony asked. Maya nodded, all thoughts of her father not leaving his suit out of her mind. "Okay, just let me go grab my guitar from the lab," Maya said. She let out a small laugh. "Don't ask me why it's down there."