6

"Sir. Sir!" J.A.R.V.I.S.'s voice rang sounded distant as Tony's eyes started to flicker open. A small beeping sound filled the air not even a second later and Tony let out a small groan, his eyes still struggling to fully open.

"Alright, kill the alarm. I got it," Tony muttered. "That's the emergency alert triggered by the power dropping below five percent," J.A.R.V.I.S. explained. The beeping suddenly grew louder and Tony's eyes popped open. It was only then that he realized J.A.R.V.I.S.'s voice sounded so far away because he hadn't been wearing the helmet.

No, Maya was wearing the helmet. His daughter who was still passed out in his arms and barely moving was the one that was wearing the helmet.

Tony's eyes widened, but he didn't get a chance to check on her for he noticed that the suit was falling out of the sky and towards a bunch of trees and snow.

"Shit," he muttered. Tony's eyes flickered down to Maya. "Hey, Maya," he said as he gently shook her. "Kid, you got to wake up."

Maya let out a small groan and J.A.R.V.I.S.'s voice rang out, "Her vitals are still really low, sir. If she hits the ground hard, I'm not sure how she will do." Tony gulped and shook his daughter a little harder.

"Kid, you got to wake up," he said more insistently. "Dad?" Maya questioned. Her hands hesitantly flew up to the helmet. "Why. . .why am I wearing this?"

"Sorry, kid. We don't have time for questions right now. Listen, we're kind of crashing and I need you to activate your rocket boots and try and fly down safely, okay?" Tony asked.

Maya nodded slightly, her eyes still struggling to stay open as she shook from the cold. "Okay, good. Stay awake, okay? I just need you to do this one thing and then you can rest," he assured her.

"Okay," Maya whispered. "Okay," Tony repeated. His eyes flickered over to the trees that were getting dangerously close as the shot fell. "Okay. . .and now!"

Maya did as her father told her and kicked her boots together to activate them. He let go of her and Maya flew up in the air for a second before the boots started to spaz out.

She couldn't see where her father was and Maya started breathing heavily as she began to fall towards the ground. "Miss Stark, I need you to remain calm," J.A.R.V.I.S. said. "You're okay. Just keep trying to activate your boots, okay?"

"Yeah, okay," Maya muttered. She continued to click her boots together. Each time they would spur to life for a second to prevent her from falling so hard, but then they would sputter before turning off again. This continued until Maya was close enough to the ground that they gave out and she went tumbling into the snow.

Luckily the fall wasn't hard, but she still happened to get buried in the snow and the coldness was enough to make her eyes close a little more. "Miss Stark, you've landed safely. Now you need to find your father. He can help you," J.A.R.V.I.S. told her. He could read that her vitals were dropping by the second and he was hoping that by talking to the girl, she would stay awake longer.

"Yeah, right. My father. . .Tony," Maya whispered as she stumbled to her feet. It was hard, but she managed to do so. Her head was killing her as she walked through the snow and she wrapped her arms around her body to try and prevent the cold from being too bad.

"Dad!" Maya called out, but her voice came out in a weak whimper. "Dad!"

"I've located the suit. He should be to your left," J.A.R.V.I.S. said. "Thanks, buddy," maya whispered before turning left.