7

"Kid," Tony whispered as he gently shook the sleeping girl. "Maya, wake up." Maya's eyes began to flicker open and she let out a small groan as her hand went to her throbbing head.

She hissed once her head came in contact with her tender head and Tony winced. "Yeah, I probably wouldn't touch your head for a bit. You took a nasty hit," Tony told her.

Maya's eyes fully opened and she blinked a few times before looking around at her surroundings. It looked as if she were in some type of barn and she furrowed her eyebrows before everything seemed to come back to her. Maya's eyes widened and she looked to Tony whose eyes were flickering over her face in concern.

"You okay, kid?" Tony asked. "I. . .y-yeah, but what's going on? Where are we?" Maya asked. "Rose Hills, Tennessee," the man told her as he stood up and walked over to where his Iron Man suit was.

He picked up a tool and went back to working on some wires. "Tennessee?" Maya questioned. "Yeah, we're a long way from California," Tony chuckled as if it were nothing.

Maya scowled. "And whose fault is that?" Maya asked sarcastically. "Okay, I did not wake you up so I could hear your sarcasm," Tony told her as he pointed the tool in her direction.

Maya rolled her eyes before looking to the ground. "Why did you wake me up?" Maya asked. Tony glanced back at her, "Oh, um, he's going to be back any second now with the things I needed and I just wanted to make sure you weren't dead."

"He?" Maya questioned as she looked up at her father, but Tony never answered. Instead, her question was answered as soon as the door opened up and a kid around her age came running in with a bag and a sandwich. "Here's the stuff you needed," the boy said as he put the bag and food on the table next to Tony.

Maya jumped in shock at the sight of the boy as her hand hovered over her bracelet, ready to activate it if needed. The boy seemed to notice her at that moment and he smiled before taking a step towards her. "Hi, I'm-" But before he could say anything else, Maya had jumped back even more and held a blaster up at the boy.

The kid's eyes widened and he held his hands up in the air almost instantly. Tony glanced back and sighed when he noticed Maya who was staring at the new boy in fright.

"Maya, it's okay," Tony told her. Maya didn't listen and instead narrowed her eyes at the boy in front of her. "Who are you?" She asked.

"I'm Harley," He answered nervously. He then looked at the blasters on her hands and smiled nervously. "I. . .I like your blasters."

Maya tilted her head at the boy before her eyes flickered over to Tony. "Maya, put the blasters down," Tony said in an exasperated voice. "He's going to help us, kid."

Maya was still skeptical, but nodded before bringing her blasters down. Harley watched with wide eyes as they transformed back into bracelets. "Woah, that's so cool!" Harley exclaimed. Maya glanced down at the jewelry before saying, "Oh, um, thanks. I made them myself."

"Really? That's so cool!" Harley told her. Maya smiled at that and Harley smiled back before he suddenly seemed to remember something. "Oh!" He turned and grabbed the bag before pulling out a few things. He then walked over to Maya and handed her a coat. "This is for you."

Maya took the coat and eagerly put it on, immediately letting out a sigh of content at the warmth that seemed to wrap around her. Harley smiled and looked down at a small bottle in his hand before holding it out as well. "Oh, and this is for you too," he said.