12

"And so, as Christmas morning began, my journey had reached its end. You start with something pure, something exciting. Then, come the mistakes. The compromises."

"We create our own demons."

"As promised, I got Pepper and the kid sorted out. It took some tinkering. But then I thought to myself,
'Why stop there?'"

"Of course, there are people who say progress is dangerous, but I'll bet none of those idiots ever had to live with a chestful of shrapnel. And now, neither will I."

"Let me tell you that was the best sleep I'd had in years."

"Got the kid a new music studio and the smile that appeared on her face once she saw it was the kind of smile that makes you know that everything up until that moment was worth it because it led to you getting to see that damn smile."

"Oh, and I surprised Maya with letting Harley come and visit. He stayed for about a week and is coming to visit again in a few months. You know, they remind me of me and Rhodey actually and I think I've pretty much adopted a new kid because of it."

"So, if I were to wrap this up, tie it with a bow, or whatever. . .I guess I'd say my armour, it was never a distraction, or a hobby. It was a cocoon."

"And now, I'm a changed man."

"You can take away my house, all my tricks and toys. One thing you can't take away. . ."

"I am Iron Man."

Maya Stark will return in Age of Ultron