9

Miami, Florida

"You know, this is like taking stalking to a whole new level," Maya whispered as she looked to her father. Tony about fell off his tree branch at her sudden words and quickly caught himself before sending a glare in her direction.

"Yeah, but technically we are trying to save the world, so it kind of evens out," Tony argued as he looked through a pair of binoculars and at the gate in front of him. "Still stalking," Maya muttered under her breath.

Tony ignored her and brought the binoculars down. "Okay, so there's just a few guards and one of them has a dog. Easy enough," Tony muttered before looking to Maya. "Okay, kid. You stay here while I go on in, that way you can be lookout."

"You're just trying to get rid of me," Maya pouted. "I am not!" Tony tried to argued, but one look from Maya had him looking away with a sigh. "I'm only trying to keep you safe." "I want to help," Maya insisted. "Besides, I'm safer with you than I would be out here with no protection."

Tony looked up at his daughter to see her giving him a smug look. "You're hesitating because you know I'm right," Maya said in a sing-song voice. Tony rolled her eyes as the corners of his lips twitched up into a smile. "Yeah, yeah. You can come with, but you've got to stay with me, okay?" Tony asked. "Got it," Maya said.

Tony put the binoculars into his bag before saying, "Okay, kid. Let's go." Maya nodded and the two Starks quickly climbed down the tree before running across the yard. Tony jumped onto the top of a small wall before grabbing Maya's hand and pulling her up.

Together the two hopped onto the ground before sneakily making their way over to a staircase where one of the guards was standing with his back to them. Maya handed her father a rope which he then swung before wrapping it around the guard's legs and bringing him to the ground.

The guard hit his head against the staircase causing him to be knocked out almost instantly. Tony then shot something at another guard's neck instantly distracting him. Tony went ahead and kneed the guy in the stomach while Maya grabbed the taser from the backpack and turned to tase another guard who was trying to sneak up on them.

The two guards then fell to the ground while the Starks looked at each other. Maya grinned as she held up the taser and Tony winced before saying, "Yeah, I'm just going to take that from you now." "What, why?" Maya whined, but one look from her father had her going quiet.

The two Starks kept moving along and Tony stopped Maya once they caught sight of two more guards standing a little ways away. Tony took a small Christmas ornament out of the bag before handing it to Maya. "Care to do the honors, kid," he said.

The girl smiled at him before taking the ball and tossing it over to where the guards were. The guards turned to look at the object with frowns on their faces. One of them picked the ornament up only for it to explode in his hand, the glass shooting up and into his face as he fell to the ground with a groan.

The other guard was instantly on high alert and turned in the direction of the Starks, but Tony knocked him down instantly. The guard fell into the small water fountain that was there and Maya smirked before tossing another Christmas ornament into the water as well.

The two Starks then walked away as the ornament exploded behind them. Tony put a hand on Maya's back before pulling her in the direction of the house. They walked through one of the back doors and Maya scrunched up her nose at the sight of the unkept house.