Death Knows Your Name | Divines (Asher)

Start from the beginning

"Terrible and good at the same time." He sighed. Ash noticed his normal self-confidence seemed to be lacking.

"How do you mean?" Ash asked.

"Misty managed to convince Lilith it was for a surprise date between the two of them." Ash nodded at this. "But I think that Lilith knows something is going on between the two of us."

"Oh." Was all that Ash could vocalize.

"We never even really got to talk to our gods about... You know." He said gesturing at Ash, then himself, then Ash again, and then himself.

"No, no we didn't..." Ash sighed.

"Do you want to try again?" Tycer asked.

"We kind of need to do this thing with Lilith first, right?" Ash said, not meaning it to come off as cold, but she failed.

Tycer nodded slowly. There were a few moments of awkward silence before Tycer finally worked up the nerve to speak again. "Did I do something wrong?"

"What? Nonononononononono! Of course not!" Ash exclaimed suddenly. "I'm just stressed out about everything that is going on, you know? And I'm scared that we are all gonna die or something and that I won't be able to help is all and lead everyone like they keep thinking I do."

"Lead?" Tycer asked.

"Yeah..." Ash nodded. "I guess... I've been thinking, right? And you know how like, I'm really good at peacekeeping except for with Lilith, right? And you guys have already poked fun at the fact that I naturally try to lead and make sure everyone gets along and has a task, right? And then we have Lilith who keeps trying to tare everyone apart and she is Death's, right? But like, I didn't trust her from the start and stuff and I've been leading without knowing it from the start... and I guess I'm wondering if maybe we are opposites for a reason?" Ash rambled.

"Woah-woah-woah-woah-woah. Slow down. So let me get this straight. You think that you and Lilith are opposites and meant to be rivals, and you are basically our leader, I guess, but what does this have to do with cleansing Lilith-you know-the task at hand?" Tycer asked.

"I don't know how to explain it Tycer. I guess I just have this feeling that I'm suppose to do something important to help with Lilith and this whole big issue and stuff, but I don't know what it is."

"Careful there, or you are going to sound more narcissistic than me!" Tycer exclaimed.

"Sorry." Ash sighed. She went and sat on her bed, and Tycer stopped laughing. He just ran over the water to join her.

"Sorry, I was just joking." He apologized, sitting next to her.

"It's alright, I know you didn't mean it." Ash spoke softly, hardly above a murmur.

Tycer gently took Ash's hand in his own hand and squeezed it gently. "So Far you have been right about your feelings, so if you think there is something important you are meant to do, I believe you." Tycer whispered.

"Thank you." Ash smiled. Then she hugged him, and he hugged her back.

"But when this is all over we REALLY need to talk about the elephant in the room, okay?" Tycer asked.

"Okay." Ash giggled. "Let's find the others and prove we didn't go run away or something stupid like that." Tycer nodded.

~~~

Everyone was sat around a camp fire eating dinner.

"I have to go to the bathroom." Misty suddenly announces before standing up, shooting Ash a look.