Chapter Twenty-Five

I walked down the hallway, Loki, Shuri, and Peter behind me, trying to think what my next class was. Unfortunately for me, I had double potions with the Slytherins. What the hell was I going to do about that? No way Snape would turn a blind eye for these three.

After a lot of intense brainstorming, I finally came up with an idea. It was a terrible idea, and if I got caught I would probably be expelled, but I couldn't come up with anything better.

"Okay guys, here's what we're gonna do," I said, pulling my three friends into a hidden passage ten minutes before class. "Loki, you and I are going to go into Snape's office and you're gonna use your Asgardian magic to knock him out without letting him know it's us. Then, you're going to make yourself look like him and fake your way through teaching the class. If anybody asks any questions about Peter and Shuri, you can just tell them it's an exchange program or something and they're with me because I'm the ambassador. Nobody's gonna question Snape, especially if you seem like you're in a bad mood."

Loki grinned and nodded, but Peter spoke up before we could really go through with anything.

"This seems like a sort of risky plan to me..." he said.

"Oh it definitely is," I agreed. "But I don't have a better one, so we're going with it."

Peter shrugged and then gave me a nod, and Shuri flashed an encouraging thumbs up.

"Okay, you two wait here. Loki, let's do this."

Loki grinned, and I tried my best to push away the nagging feeling that this was a stupid idea. I was a Stark; we made stupid ideas work.

I lead the way to Snape's office and, lucky for me, there was no one around to see me sneaking towards a Professor's office with a "student" no one recognized.

"Okay Loki, I have no idea where Snape is inside his office right now, but it is ridiculously important that he does not see either of us or have any memory of this when we're done. Got it?"

"Got it. Don't worry, I'm good at this sort of thing." He winked at me, then took a few steps towards the door. "Wait here."

I took a nervous step after him but he quickly shut the door in my face. Going after him now would only get us both caught.

I paced up and down in the hallway, keeping a look out for any students or teachers deciding to suddenly come around the corner. Thankfully, no one did.

I was sure that any second Snape would come storming out of his office to yell at me, Loki in tow, ready to drag both of us straight to Dumbledore's office. Just when the anticipation was about to give me a heart attack, I heard a soft thump from Snape's office. I crept closer, about to put my ear to the door when it flew open and, to my horror, Snape stepped out.

"Miss Stark, what on earth do you think you're doing?" he demanded, glaring at me with a nasty snarl on his face.

"Professor, uh, I had a question before class started..." I said, trying to think fast. How the hell did this guy manage to outplay Loki?

"Oh really? Was the question if Loki is the master of disguises? Because the answer is yes." Snape raised one eyebrow, and then Loki dropped the disguise all together to give me a shit eating grin.