Chapter Seven

I woke up bright and early the next morning. I was excited to start official classes at this new school. We were supposed to get our schedules at breakfast, so I got dressed quickly and then headed down to the Great Hall with Angelina and Alicia.

"Miss Stark," I heard someone say. I turned around to see the teacher Fred and George had pointed out as Professor McGonagall. Apparently, she was our Head of House.

"Hey! Professor McGonagall, right?"

"That's correct. Welcome to Hogwarts, and to Gryffindor House. I'm sure you'll do us proud." The way she said it made me think I'd be in serious trouble if I didn't do Gryffindor House proud. "Here is your new schedule, and feel free to come find me if you need any help adjusting."

"Awesome. Thanks Professor."

She nodded, then headed off into the crowd to continue handing out schedules. Once she was gone, Angelina and Alicia came back over.

"Hey, come on, I found Wood. Let's go ask him about try outs," said Angelina. Alicia and I followed her through the crowd of students to a guy sitting at the Gryffindor table.

"Hello Angelina, Alicia," he said, looking up. "And Gryffindor's new fifth year?"

"That's me. Alexa Stark, nice to meet you."

"Oliver Wood, likewise."

"When are Quidditch tryouts this year Wood?" asked Angelina.

"One week from today. Are you thinking of trying out Alexa?"

"I don't know... I've never been a school sports kind of person. I would like to learn how to ride a broomstick though."

"Well I'd be more than happy to teach you if you three want to come out after school today," offered Wood.

"That'd be awesome! Thanks!"

"No problem at all. The more people learning Quidditch the better. I'll meet you three on the pitch after the last class." Wood smiled, then stood and headed out of the Great Hall.

"You have the perfect tutor now Alexa," said Alicia, snickering into her hand a little.

"What's that all about?" I asked Angelina, pointing at our suspicious friend.

"Wood's a little Quidditch crazy. By the end of the day, you'll know more about the sport than some of the professional players."

Oh boy.

"Did I just hear someone call Wood a little Quidditch crazy?" asked Fred, coming over with George and Lee to join us.

"That's like saying Percy's a little obsessed with being Head Boy," joked George.

"Speak of the devil..." snickered Lee, sitting down to breakfast. I looked over to see Percy coming through the doors, striding purposefully in our direction.

"Alexa, good morning," he said once he got to our space at the table.

"Morning," I replied with a smile.

"Morning!" chorused the twins, leaning across the table towards Percy. He shot them a glare, then turned back to me.

"Since it's your first day, I thought it might help you to walk to each of your classes before they actually start so you can have a general idea of where you need to go."

"Oh. Yeah, that'd be great. Hold on, let me grab a banana and... do you guys have coffee?"

Everyone around me shook their heads, and my mouth dropped open.