Chapter Ten

"Alexa! Wake up!" hissed Angelina, shaking me awake.

"What? What's going on, what's wrong?" I asked, shooting up and looking around to see if there was anything I needed to fight. Clint and Thor did that to me occasionally in the tower to "keep my reflexes sharp", and I damn near knocked Angelina's tooth out with my forehead I sat up so fast.

"Woah! Nothing, calm down! It's just time for Astronomy."

I paused, glanced at the clock in the room, then looked back at Angelina.

"It's midnight."

"No, class starts at midnight. It's eleven forty. Didn't you look at your schedule?"

"Apparently not as carefully as I should have." I rubbed my eyes. Now that the adrenaline had worn off, I just wanted to go back to bed. "So where are we supposed to be going right now?"

"Astronomy tower," Alicia answered, coming out of the bathroom completely dressed for school. "Now get changed and let's get going!"

I put my head in my hands and sighed. "Hell no."

I wasn't putting on my uniform for a class happening at midnight. I had on a Gryffindor t-shirt with some pajama pants, and I just threw my Hogwarts robe over the top, slipping on some fuzzy boots. If anyone expected me to do more than that, I would just point them at the clock.

I dragged myself out of bed and followed the rest of my dorm mates out of the room. Angelina raised her eyebrows at my wardrobe choice, but didn't say anything. When we met up with the guys in the Common Room, Fred gave me a high-five.

"So is this lesson just us or is another house coming?" I asked as we started the hike to the Astronomy tower.

"We have it with Ravenclaw this year," answered George.

"Better than Slytherin. We had it with them last year," said Fred.

"Yeah, but now we're gonna have to hear them debate the existence of aliens for an hour."

I scoffed. "I can end that debate real quick."

Everyone looked at me curiously, like they had no idea what I was talking about.

"Hold on, do you guys not know what I'm talking about? Do you pay any attention to the muggle news?" They all shook their heads. I couldn't believe it. A wormhole opens above New York, and they didn't even hear about it. "Aliens are real. They almost destroyed the planet about a year and a half ago. My dad and his friends, the Avengers? They fought off all the aliens and stopped the invasion."

"Are you joking?" asked Lee.

"Nope."

No one said anything for a minute, clearly in shock.

"Wait 'til the Ravenclaws hear that," George finally said with a grin. He and Fred high-fived, then raced ahead of us towards the tower. I smiled.

"I seriously love those guys."

"They're pretty special," Angelina agreed with a smile. I could've sworn I saw her blush.

After a little more walking (this school was insanely big), we got to the Astronomy tower. Everyone else was standing around, waiting for the professor to start the first lesson of the year. Fred and George were in the middle of a few Ravenclaws whose jaws were on the ground.

"Attention class!" called the teacher, Professor Sinistra, motioning for everyone to come stand with her in the middle of the room. We all shuffled over, all twenty of us looking like sleep-deprived zombies except those couple of Ravenclaws Fred and George talked to.