"Thank you, Miss Greengrass," Effie went along, posh accent and all. Not even my fucked up  mind will affect this excitement—for fuck's sake, it's Christmas. She opened the first parcel that she picked out, which was from her dad, and grinned, carefully peeling the wrap open.

       Enclosed in it was a scrapbook of him and her mum—every year on Christmas, he would gift her something to remind her of her mum, the first one being the bracelet on her wrist, which also doubled as a portkey.

       Effie grinned, before stowing it away in her bag. The other girls were already occupied with their gifts, so the next one was from Ginny—the redhead had gotten her a set of multicolored inks and a day planner for next year. Neville got her a set of Lavender-scented candles.

       Pansy got her a pair of designer boots, which she hugged the brunette for, Daphne books about more advanced potions (she had a knack for modifying them and making it better, apparently), Millicent gave her twenty pairs of cute socks. A pair of black satin earmuffs came from Draco, and an assortment of hoodies and cardigans came from Blaise and Theo. Of course, there were books about Magical Law that came from her Great Uncle.

       (She had a sneaking suspicion that Fudge wants her to follow in his footsteps one day as Minister.)

       The strange thing was, there's another parcel, and a letter enclosed in it. Who in the world. . . ? She grabbed the letter first.

       Dear L̶i̶l̶l̶i̶a̶n̶ Effie,

       Hello, dear! You may not know me, but I'm Molly Weasley, Ginny's mother. She told me so much about you—don't worry, it's all good things—and while I disapprove about you being a champion because of how young you are, I'm very excited to meet you!

       Any friend of Ginny's is a friend of the family as well, dearie. The Burrow is open for you any time. Merry Christmas!

Love,
Molly W.

       A fond smile found its home on Effie's lips as she opened the parcel, revealing a white sweater with brown markings and patterns. She pulled it on, looking at Pansy. Daphne and Millicent ignores them, snogging like no tomorrow.

       Pansy had a disgusted look, mouthing to Effie, they should get a room.

       Well, this is their room too, Effie gestured to their dorm.

       A room without us, Pansy says with a roll of her eyes. Effie snorted, nodding to the door and pulled on the scarf that Pretzel gave her. As quietly as possible (Effie tripped twice on some of Pansy's things that were scattered around their room), the two girls snuck out of the dorm, and bursting into laughter once they got outside. "So whose that sweater really from?"

       "Ginny's mum."

       "R—Really?" Pansy's eyes looked like they were about to bulge out, and grinned teasingly. "Merlin, what's next? Meeting the parents now, well, if that's the case, you should take her out soon—"

       "Pansy, I swear to god," Effie snaps. Sometimes she regrets falling out of a goddamn closet because Pansy literally ships her with everyone, boys and girls alike. "You don't even like her."