28.

Joey

My eyes fluttered open and the first thing that I saw was the white ceiling. I tried sitting up, but my head said otherwise. It throbbed and ached. I laid back down and I heard Jimin speak.

   "She's fine. She just woke up. Go inform V."

Then I heard footsteps exit the room.

   "Joey, are you feeling better?" Jimin asks as he helps me sit up.

   "A little." But, ny head was still throbbing.

   "When's the last time you ate?" He inquired.

I lifted my eyes as I tried to recall.

   "I don't remember. Last week, I think. Before I was kidnapped."

   "That's exactly why you passed out. Plus, you're carrying two more people," he glanced down at my stomach. "So you need about twice the amount you regularly eat."

   "When will I be discharged? I can't just stay here when V gets better and leaves. I have to be with him."

   "He'll be fine. You'll only be fine after you've eaten and have gotten some rest." He pulled the cover up to my chest. "We also have to make sure the embryos are okay."

   "Are you a doctor?" I asked out of sheer curiosity.

   "No," he chuckled, his eyes squinting. "But, I have studied the human body for a few years."

The door opens and a woman that I've never seen brings in two white trays on a cart. She takes the tops off and underneath is some stuff that I've never seen before.

   "Eat up," she smiles cheekily at me and leaves with her cart.

   "... What is this?" I pointed.

   "Food."

   "You expect me to put this in my mouth? I don't know what this is. Just tell me because I won't eat it until I know."

   "Just eat." He picked up the fork and held it to my mouth, his other hand was ready to catch anything that may fall off of the utensil.

I was hesitant as I stared at the food on the fork.

   "If V saw you doing that he'd be furious," Namjoon walked in, startling Jimin.

   "I was just trying to help her," he chuckled again.

   "She's fatigued not paralyzed." He looked over at me and asked, "Are you feeling any better?"

   "Not really." I shook my head slightly.

   "V is all better. You know he keeps asking about you."

   "Then why don't you let him in so I can see him?"

   "No." He replied sternly. "Neither of you can see each other at the moment because you still need to regain your health. Jimin isn't even supposed to be in here," he cut his eyes at his brother.  "Now, we'll be leaving. Make sure you rest and eat."

Jimin followed Namjoon to the door.

   "Namjoon!" I called his name and he turns towards me.

   "Yes?"

   "Can you turn that tv on?" I pointed to the small television above his head.

He reaches up and turns it on then hands me the remote.

   "There. Happy now?"

   "Yes. Thank you, brother in law."

He turns to me amd glares. I smile back and pull the covers up to my nose.