ONE OF OUR DARLING CHAMPIONS: A TRUE SLYTHERIN INDEED!
An Article By Rita Skeeter

        Lillian Stark—or Effie, as she goes by, proves that she is up to par with the rest of the Triwizard Champions. As the British Minister of Magic's niece, she does have a lot to live up to. But fear not, for Effie Stark isn't only a darling, but a brave and noble one as well!

       Fellow schoolmates would say that she is the epitome of calm and honesty, or as Pansy Parkinson, a pretty Slytherin, would say, "She's really pretty! Effie is fearless, and lives up to the definition of the best friend one could have."

       Another Slytherin, Draco Malfoy, also says that "Effie Stark doesn't break promises. She's brilliant, multilingual, and multicultural. She's very kind too!"

"A respectable child," Cornelius Fudge, Minister of Magic, says. "A noble one after her parents, indeed."

When asked about why she entered the tournament, she takes the floor gracefully like a true Slytherin with class would; "Well I'd like to clarify that I didn't," She says with a cool confidence. "Although we can't change that. So let's simply pretend I was unfortunately chosen."

She certainly takes after her Great Uncle, with an air of confidence and ease around her, even with her pitiful, poor breathing condition, our Slytherin darling spurs on—and I quote, "I've realized I can't live under the pretense that I can't do anything well beyond what people would expect of me given my condition."

Effie Stark, most known for the will which can't be waved, also says that it is all a force of will. "My father always said, where there's a will, there's a way. I'm a Slytherin, Miss Skeeter. If there isn't a way, I'd make one."

Rita went as far as to lengthen her last sentence—it's none near Effie's expectation, but she supposed it would've been something she'd say.

"I know nothing will hurt me badly during the tournaments because I believe I can succeed if I go in smarter, and cleverer than the past tournaments. . . Winning doesn't have to happen by muscling in through the entire obstacle. . . "

"She adores you!" Pansy squeals excitedly, as Effie flipped through the newspaper. She grimaced once she noticed Potter's page (bloody hell, she did warn the idiot to be careful with his words after all), and noticed that the names of the Beauxbatons and Durmstrang champions—misspelled—had been squashed into the last line of the article, and Cedric hadn't been mentioned at all.

"That's probably because of Fudge," Effie snorted, "And I may or may not have twisted my words carefully. . . "

The nights spent in the Room of Requirement were getting frequent too. Other times, it would be just Effie (sometimes, it did her well to be alone with peace of mind).

She hated this distance between her and her dad. This was the longest they've gone without communicating on bad terms. Two days before the First Task, Effie found herself in the kitchen.

Speaking of, going to the kitchen every night was getting more and more frequent because of the nightmares—literally. Effie knew she shouldn't take the amphetamines as often, so she tried to hold off by substituting coffee for it.