Dangerous Territory

Okay, so I had a fairly busy week, but I've been writing this chapter and it's finally done and here it is! :P xoxo, Brooke

PS: chrisroderos is going to be posting a BTR fanfic soon and so keep an eye out for that :)

_________________________________________________________________________________

If looks could kill, most people James had passed would be dead already.

"You look miffed-" Carlos laughed nervously.

"Miffed? You gave away my cover to my mom and you're referring to this as miffed?!"

And now Carlos was going down too.

And James didn't care. He pinned his former friend against the wall, eyes burning with fury. Honestly, who did Carlos think he was, getting James' mom involved? She wasn't suppose to know where he was, for her benefit and his own. Well, Carlos just ruined everything. In all honesty, James felt betrayed.

"Don't kill him." Logan gulped.

"Shut up!" James snapped. "You had a part in this too!"

He could feel his face heating up and steam was surely blowing from his ears. Even though they were in the quiet of his hotel room, they could only hope that they weren't attracting the attention of the other hotel residents. James appeared to be the only one that didn't give one damn about the other residents right now. Okay, maybe he was being a douchebag. He did that on purpose because he had to.

"James-" Brooke pleaded and tried to take his hand, but he only pulled away. No matter how hard anyone tried, James wasn't letting down the walls that he'd built. However, it was clear that those walls were beginning to crack. The thing is, he didn't even really care how it made anyone feel. He just needed to keep up his facade, to protect himself and those he cared about.

They didn't realize it now, but they would someday. That would have to.

"James, for the love of God, I didn't do anything wrong!" Carlos shoved him away, growing quite angered himself. "I did this because I thought that she could help you! And whether you like it or not, you need help."

"Help!" James scoffed. "What a joke! Carlos, I don't need help because I am more than capable of managing myself. I've done it quite a lot in the past few months and nothing needs to change anytime soon. So please, just leave it alone."

He was shaking now. He'd tried so hard to keep his location hidden from his captor, aka his "father", and now it was going to be ruined. His worst fear was going back to that hell hole and his "friends" had betrayed his trust. He didn't understand. How could they do that to him? Although, he wasn't sure if he could be too hard on Logan. The kid had only just learned of him still being alive.

"Maybe we should just..." Logan sighed. "You know, try to cool down."

James was sure that Logan was joking. Cool down? They wanted him to cool down? He was NOT going to 'cool down' as they called it. What he did need was to go to the weight room and hit a punching bag before his fist made contact with a wall or someone's face. He just...he couldn't...how could they do that? He had finally begun to trust someone again and his trust had been betrayed.

"How about we calm the hell down and figure this out?!" Carlos snapped, pushing him away.

"What is there to figure out?!" James yelled.

"Honey, we need to bring whoever kidnapped you to justice. I know the police probably won't bother with the case unless there's proof, since it's been a year. So we need to find the guy."