Tell Me A Secret

Well, this chapter took WAY longer to write and post than I wanted it to, but here it is! Now, I decided to add a very light supernatural element to the story, to make things a little more interesting and action packed. Hopefully you guys will enjoy it and all that's to come! Also, some dark secrets regarding James' situation will be revealed. xoxoxo, Brooke

__________________________________________________________________________________________

"There was a shooting incident at the 7Eleven, but no one was hurt and no deaths were reported, thanks to the brave actions of a masked figure."

Dammit, dammit, DAMMIT!

James was beyond horrified as he stared at the TV screen, which was now showing him running from the building. Thank God that he had chosen to not remove the ski mask then. Otherwise, his cover would have been ruined. Everything would have been ruined. He was just trying to move on and now he was being mentioned on the news. What if Kendall and Logan found him? Even worse, what if his dad found him?

"Three of the alleged suspects were apprehended a mile from where the shooting took place, except for a man identified as Greg Johnston. According to reports, Mr. Johnston is a former veterinary assistant from Minneapolis, who was fired after reportedly caught stealing money."

James knew that Johnston had been fired before, but he had never known why. Come to think of it, the guys had all been secretive about their pasts. Devon had been arrested once and charged with domestic violence a couple years ago, but he told James that his ex-girlfriend dropped the charges against him, since he claimed to have never laid a hand on her. The thing is, who could James trust anymore?

RIIIIIIING!

"Son of a bitch." James cursed, picking up the phone. "Who are you and what the hell do you want?"

All he heard was the sound of heavy breathing. It was an eery sound. It was a sound that took no effort to strike fear and dread into him. Swallowing, he quickly hung up, his hand shaking. He felt sick to his stomach, very sick. He wracked his brain for an explanation, but after five minutes, still nothing had come to him.

"Don't you need to be at work in an hour?" Victoria questioned, emerging from her bedroom.

"Yeah." James murmured, picking up his gym bag.

"Is everything alright? You're acting rather odd."

"Yeah!" James lied, hurrying to the door. "I'll, um, see you later!"

He rushed down the hallway, keeping his head down as he entered the elevator. There were a million problems weighing down on him. The biggest one was keeping his existence a secret from Kendall and they knew he was alive, they would end up telling everyone back home and his dad would surely find him.

He pulled the hood of his jacket over his head, keeping his face hidden from any onlookers. As much as he didn't want his loved ones to keep hurting, there were certain sacrifices he had to make in order to ensure his own safety. Nothing wrong with that, right?

"Cool jacket!" Someone chirped as they stepped off from the second floor. Oh no, it was Logan. No, no, no, no..."Uh...my friend Kendall is always trying to get me to wear that kind of stuff. He thinks it makes me look 'cooler'. But I mean, nothing wrong with a sweater vest every now and then, right?"

James cleared his throat, hoping that Logan would eventually get the message.

"Oh! I'm sorry, you must be busy-" The elevator finally beeped and the two boys walked into the lobby. "Maybe I'll see you later?" Logan held out his hand, which James reluctantly shook. He shrugged then nodded, walking out to the parking garage.