When It Gets Worse

I guess I could put a slight trigger warning on this one. Someone does die (not a major character, but someone. Plus, the death scene itself is not shown, but the aftermath and whatnot) and it's a bit of an intense chapter, and one of the other guys finds out about James!

So yeah, intense chapter here, and I hope you like it!

xoxoxo, Brooke

_____________________________________________________________________________

“AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!”

“Huh?” James gasped, shooting upwards in bed. What the hell? 

Another frantic scream followed, and he immediately got out of bed, running into the kitchen in hopes of finding a half decent weapon. Dammit, dammit, dammit. He gasped as he dug through the drawer, but couldn’t seem to find anything useful to defend himself. Victoria always kept weapons around. Where were the weapons?!  The drawer was practically emptied out except for a few leftover spoons.

“AHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!”

Then silence. Nothing but silence. 

As James’ anxiety grew, he lost the ability to even think clearly and grabbed a stick from the garbage can, and even though it was probably a really lame source of self defense, it was all he had. So he slowly inched towards Victoria’s room, only hoping that he could get out of this situation (whatever it actually was) alive.

The door was closed...and locked?

“Damn!” He cursed.

Okay, he was a strong guy. He just had to break the door down. 

Ugh, it was three in the morning. It was way too early for James to be awake, but clearly someone didn’t care to show him any consideration. If he had anything better than a stick, someone would be running out of there with their tail between their legs. Maybe they wouldn’t even have a tail once he was done with them.

“One...two...three!” In a second, his foot made contact with the wooden door, knocking it right off of his hinges. 

“Victoria?” He called out, searching around the tiny bedroom. She was in here! He...he knew it. She never left the apartment after midnight and he couldn’t find any other way she could have left....Okay.....He noticed something eery, something liquid peeking from behind the bed. What the--

“OH MY GOD!!!” He yelled, dropping the stick. There Victoria was, laying still in a pool of crimson.  It was a horrific sight.  A bloody handprint on the wall, a pile of knives thrown on the bed...the knives. Oh god, oh god, oh god...n-no.....No, no, no, no.....Who could have done this? WHO?!

His cell phone...God, where was his cell phone? Oh god, it was in his room. He needed to call the police, but did he have enough time? Plus, what if the k-killer was in his room? No, he couldn’t go to his room to get his cell phone, but there was a phone on the dining table. A home phone. All he had to do was run to the table, grab the phone, get in a good hiding spot, and call 911.

“James?”

“Carlos?” He whispered harshly, grabbing one of the knives. 

“I was g-going for one of m-my l-late night walks and I--AH!” 

In a panic, James grabbed Carlos and dragged him into the bedroom, the knife barely near his throat. He had zero intention of harming anyone, but he needed to quickly call 911 and then get out of that apartment as soon as possible. It sounded crazy, yeah, but no one realized what could happen if his name got out to the media or even Kendall and Carlos for that matter. He had to remain undetected.