Lost

I went out for a little bit, so sorry for the late update! Anyway, here it is and I hope you enjoy:) Now I'll continue working on the new chapter of I Won't Give Up! xoxoxo, Brooke

_______________________________________________________________________________

To: Carlos

From: Dad

Out of all the stupid, irresponsible things you could do, you resorted to THIS? Why didn't you just talk to us?

"My parents keep texting me." Carlos sighed as he and Logan stood outside the Palm Woods. Kendall was busy trying to pursue Jo and Logan wouldn't be receiving word from the Italian Buffet for a few days, which meant that he would be spending the day with absolutely NOTHING to do. Kind of sucked for him, but he figured he would stay in the apartment and read. Plus, someone would need to feed Jay and give him some attention, since the little ball of fur just couldn't seem to go without it.

"Maybe you should message them. I'm sure they're worried sick, you know?"

"I would, but I don't want them to find out where we are. I...I actually love it here, even though we haven't been in town very long. I don't want to leave."

"Well, we're all eighteen, so legally, they can't make us leave. " Logan shrugged, leaning back against the wall. For some reason, he kept looking at a black Harley Davidson parked in front of the building. He actually had gotten his motorcycle license when he turned eighteen, but unfortunately had never been able to afford a motorcycle of his own.

"Look, I need to get to work." Carlos sighed, slipping his leather jacket on. "I'll talk to you when I get home?"

"Uh, yeah! Sure..." Logan nodded, then Carlos turned and flagged down a cab. For whatever reason, he hadn't wanted Logan to go to the music store with him, acting rather weird about the whole thing. Logan had a sneaking suspicion that his young friend was hiding something, but he was always too chicken to actually confront Carlos about it.

Maybe later.

If things got out of control.

_____________________________________________________________

"Hey! Rick is going out of town for the day, so it's just us today." Kat was sitting at the counter with a magazine, viewing what looked like several pictures of guitars. Carlos sat his gym bag behind the corner, then looked over her shoulder. From a distance, he could see James in the room with the recording equipment, sitting at a keyboard. "So, what should I do?"

"Oh, um, help me put away some stuff in the orchestra room. We got a new supply of trumpets and violins. After that, you can just hang out unless I need you. 'kay?" Kat answered as she led him into the orchestra room, where four large boxes were sitting in the middle of the room.

"Each shelf is labeled and so you look at each instrument, find out which one it is, and put it on the shelf with the same label."

"Bach TR711 Prelude Bb Student Trumpet (Gold Lacquer)." He read the label to himself , then looked for the matching label on the wall. "Woo! I found you." He sat the trumpet on the wooden shelf before grabbing a violin, placing it on its correct shelf.

One by one, he placed various instruments on their shelves, occasionally glancing in Kat's direction. She would give him a look of approval every once in a while, which gave him enough confidence to feel reassured that he wasn't failing miserably at this job.

"Done!" He finally said, after about twenty minutes or so.

"Awesome!" She said, looking at his finished work. "Okay! Um, go look around or maybe see if James needs your help."